 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3617
  The Brick Testament: The Philistines Have the Ark!

Over the past couple of weeks I've somehow been able to pull myself away from an ongoing (URL) friendly discussion and lively debate> with John Neal (and others) over in ot.debate long enough to create the first four stories for the newest section (...) (18 years ago, 29-Oct-06, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.ancient, FTX) !!

  Re: The Brick Testament: The Philistines Have the Ark!

(...) I don't know if it's new, but that's a nice (URL). And thanks for the RSS feed! Marc Nelson Jr. (URL) Marc's Creations>> (18 years ago, 29-Oct-06, to lugnet.build.ancient, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament: The Philistines Have the Ark!

(...) SNIP This is a great installment! So simple in presentation, and yet so powerful!! I really like the design of your Ark, and the representation of the people in your stories is very, very good (and with all that debating, I'm so impressed that (...) (18 years ago, 29-Oct-06, to lugnet.build.ancient, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament: The Philistines Have the Ark!

(...) funny story: when I was in christian school growing up, this story was cited as to why we shouldnt lean back in our chairs (when Eli fell back). I guess Absolom was why we shouldnt have long hair either. -Lenny (18 years ago, 30-Oct-06, to lugnet.build.ancient, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament: The Philistines Have the Ark!

(...) I had done a smaller menorah for High Priest's house in the Trial of the Century story in The Life of Jesus. That one used just hands for the candlesticks, this one has a larger base and uses full arms. I tried a few other menorah designs, but (...) (18 years ago, 31-Oct-06, to lugnet.build.ancient, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament: The Philistines Have the Ark!

(...) Thanks! It felt really good to get back to a consitent work schedule, banging out two website updates in a month. I hope I can keep the momentum going, but last time I said that I got sidetracked for like three months on other projects . Maybe (...) (18 years ago, 31-Oct-06, to lugnet.build.ancient, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament: The Philistines Have the Ark!

(...) Very good, very good. (...) It's a practical book, that Bible. Perhaps Jesus is why we shouldn't proclaim ourselves the Son of God? ;) -Brendan (18 years ago, 31-Oct-06, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament: The Philistines Have the Ark!

Hello! I like your Brick Testaent very much. Mainly because it's so fine selected and built and arranged. But then also because I get to read the bible again. I've heard most if not all of the stories a long time ago when i was a child. And when I'm (...) (18 years ago, 31-Oct-06, to lugnet.build.ancient)

  Re: The Brick Testament: The Philistines Have the Ark!

Hi, Jojo! (...) Thanks. I must say, I have often been inspired by your LEGO work, and strive to achieve a similar attention to details. The (URL) Canterbury Murder>, (URL) Hall of Albirona>, and (URL) Luther> scenes are among the finest (...) (18 years ago, 31-Oct-06, to lugnet.build.ancient, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament: The Philistines Have the Ark!

Hey Brendan, Great installments as always. My (belated) comments: Samuel is born - I like Elkanah's customizedite hairpiece quite a lot. In the second pic I'm a little creeped out by the two smallest kids, though - with all that tan around them they (...) (18 years ago, 2-Nov-06, to lugnet.build.ancient, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament: The Philistines Have the Ark!

(...) I can't argue that it looks pretty messed-up, but I haven't figured out (or seen) a better way to depict a minifig who's intended to be a toddler--bigger than a baby, but not big enough for stubbies. There was my older version with just a (...) (18 years ago, 4-Nov-06, to lugnet.build.ancient, FTX)