 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3605
  Brooklyn's Engine 226

Hi All, Earlier this summer I thought I was done with making firehouses but ended up making another one . . . (URL) This one is the firehouse in my neighborhood, Engine 226. I see them go by quite often and hear them even more often than that! Their (...) (18 years ago, 23-Oct-06, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town)

  Re: Brooklyn's Engine 226

(...) Hi Jonathan, Great work as usual. I particularly like the windows and the roof detailing. I have a couple of nits with it though: Firstly, I think the door would look better done sideways like the windows and with the white patch (...) (18 years ago, 23-Oct-06, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Brooklyn's Engine 226

(...) Thanks! (...) Indeed. I was a little surprised yesterday when I went over to take pictures of the actual firehouse. I had been working from an older photo. The dark red is slightly faded and the notice board and fan (I actully think it is a (...) (18 years ago, 23-Oct-06, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Brooklyn's Engine 226

(...) WOW fantastic as allways.Like the roof detail.And of course REALLY like the dark red.Puts my version to same.Chris (18 years ago, 23-Oct-06, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Brooklyn's Engine 226

(...) Thanks! Yea, I bought quite a few copies of Tim Gould's "dark red wall" to be able to make this, among other things. Thanks again, Chris! Jonathan (18 years ago, 23-Oct-06, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Brooklyn's Engine 226

(...) This latest fire station facade is just about perfect. I did notice that the second floor windows have more mullions than the prototype. I think it adds some character. Of all of your fire stations, I like the number 8 one the best; those (...) (18 years ago, 24-Oct-06, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Brooklyn's Engine 226

(...) Thanks. I went for the 'paned' window look on purpose. I thought the more simply designed windows weren't enough for this. Glad you noticed! Ladder 8 is one of my favorites as well. I was really pleased when I was able to make the brackets you (...) (18 years ago, 24-Oct-06, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Brooklyn's Engine 226

(...) That's a relief! ;) By the way, since you seem to like firestations, here is a picture I took of the old downtown firestation in Detroit, Michigan. (URL) This is directly across the street from Cobo Hall where NMRA National Train Show is being (...) (18 years ago, 25-Oct-06, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Brooklyn's Engine 226

(...) Thanks. I have been to your maj.com folders quite a few times. I had noticed that fire station in there before as well. I just love the bay doors. I have a few ideas in mind for my next series of buildings as well as adding a few more diners (...) (18 years ago, 25-Oct-06, to lugnet.town, FTX)