 Town / 9182
Re: Brooklyn's Engine 226
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 2006 16:18:09 GMT

In lugnet.town, Timothy Gould wrote:
In lugnet.announce.moc, Jonathan Lopes wrote:
Hi All,

Earlier this summer I thought I was done with making firehouses but ended up
making another one . . .

<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=211636>

Hi Jonathan,

Great work as usual. I particularly like the windows and the roof detailing.

Thanks!

have a couple of nits with it though: Firstly, I think the door would look
better done sideways like the windows and with the white patch (noticeboard?)
above the window. Secondly I think you could add the fan above the door in
relatively easily, a 2x2 round plate on two jumper plates would prbably do the
trick.

Indeed.
I was a little surprised yesterday when I went over to take pictures of the
actual firehouse.  I had been working from an older photo.  The dark red is
slightly faded and the notice board and fan (I actully think it is a maltese
cross, not a fan) were there.  Also, the flag mural on the bay door is new.
My immediate thought for the 'fan' was a 2x2 white turntable bottom.

Apart from those points I think it's an excellent facade and I look
forward to seeing it in its rightful place.

Thanks again!  I am hoping to resign my lease with my landlord soon and when I
do, this facade (and others) will be going on shelves to be built on the wall.
There is no more room in the layout.  (update pic's of that to come, hopefully
before years end).

Thanks again, Tim!

Jonathan