 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 2381
  New MOC: Taimatsu Racer

The (URL) Taimatsu Racer> is the 6th racer I've posted for the (URL) intergalactic multi-environment circuit>. This craft is sponsored by Kaisha Corp, a company primarily known for its top-quality null-grav toilets. (URL) Jon says the red should go, (...) (20 years ago, 16-Nov-04, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Taimatsu Racer

(...) Personally I have a hard time seeing it as a racer. I think the flat nose makes it look like a space semi to me. Of course that just my 2 cents. Other than that it looks cool. I like how the canopy opens, probably my favorite part of the moc. (...) (20 years ago, 17-Nov-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Taimatsu Racer

Hi Tony, That's the racer I could see on some pics of, from NWBrickCon. I just found back (URL) one> from mark Sandlin's folder. That's a very nice racer! I especially enjoy the cockpit and canopy arrangement :-p, he he! Seriously, the inside looks (...) (20 years ago, 17-Nov-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Taimatsu Racer

Very groovy, Tony! I really like the combination of blockiness and swooshiness! The opening is aces. You also managed to pull off orange/black/red without me thinking right off the bat of Halloween! :-D Dave (20 years ago, 18-Nov-04, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New MOC: Taimatsu Racer

(...) I like the little transparent eyepiece element, and of course the usual elegant landing gear solution. I feel the color scheme was very appropriate for the Halloween NWBC, but I have to agree with Jon about the white and orange. I loved that (...) (20 years ago, 18-Nov-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Taimatsu Racer

(...) Fair enough. It probably would have helped if I gave a better top shot- it looks a lot sleeker from the top or bottom, as the nose is tall and somewhat narrow rather than flat and wide. Even so, the racers aren't all intended for atmospheric (...) (20 years ago, 18-Nov-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Taimatsu Racer

(...) Yes, the canopy looks familiar? Right down to the two colors of curvy slopes on the sides. I had that assembly together for quite a while before actually finishing the model. Then I saw your blue and white ship the other day and did a double (...) (20 years ago, 18-Nov-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Taimatsu Racer

(...) The opening is one of my favorite bits as well. Funny you should mention Halloween... although this first appeared at NWBrickCon, I actually started it a couple of months ago- a lot of projects, even small ones, tend to sit around in various (...) (20 years ago, 18-Nov-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Taimatsu Racer

(...) I forgot to shoot the eyepiece better- I don't think there are any pictures that actually show it clearly in front of the pilot's eye. That's a little detail I've tried to put on other ships and never really gotten right before. It worked out (...) (20 years ago, 18-Nov-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)