 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 1778
  BrickTopia - Capitalist Pig Reeducation Center

This is a new skyscraper built in a Chinese "adventurers" style (with some sci-fi thrown in for extra fun). (URL) miss the bonus "art" photos: (URL) is appreciated, Brad (20 years ago, 9-Feb-04, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.town) !

  Re: BrickTopia - Capitalist Pig Reeducation Center

I'm head over heels crazy about this one, and I'm not even a Marxist. Gives me a lot of inspiration for the temple I'm working on with some of the same design themes. -Brian P. Gefrich (...) (20 years ago, 9-Feb-04, to lugnet.town)

  Re: BrickTopia - Capitalist Pig Reeducation Center

(...) Wow. The blend of architectural styles is nicely disconcerting. This thing looms. It almost reminds me of the bathhouse from Spirited Away. I'm so off to build pagodas now. -Kevin (20 years ago, 9-Feb-04, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: BrickTopia - Capitalist Pig Reeducation Center

Bravo, Brad. Another impressive addition to the megalopolis. And a fun write-up as well. I'm still wondering, though, why nobody ever responded to (URL) this post>. Maybe you're just not at liberty to talk about it though. @8^) Regards, -Brendan (20 years ago, 10-Feb-04, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: BrickTopia - Capitalist Pig Reeducation Center

(...) As usual, a masterpiece of dystopian building. Thanks Brad! George (20 years ago, 10-Feb-04, to lugnet.town)

  Re: BrickTopia - Capitalist Pig Reeducation Center

(...) Thanks - I've been building up a lot of HP and adventurers pieces and had nothing to use them on. Finally, I got inspired by the 7419 Chinese Castle to stretch it (to the extreme) vertically, and then add some "modern" elements. (20 years ago, 11-Feb-04, to lugnet.town)

  Re: BrickTopia - Capitalist Pig Reeducation Center

(...) Thanks - I think that this building takes the cake for using the most number of architectural styles in a single building (modern?, Chinese?, Gothic, Baroque). Although I had a general concept in mind for the overall design, I kept evolving (...) (20 years ago, 11-Feb-04, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: BrickTopia - Capitalist Pig Reeducation Center

(...) Thanks, "Reverend," I totally missed your other post. Sorry about that. I don't spend much time on LUGNET. I usually browse through for interesting MOC's (mainly in the spotlite) every few days, but I rarely pour over the newsgroups heavily (...) (20 years ago, 11-Feb-04, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: BrickTopia - Capitalist Pig Reeducation Center

(...) Thanks for the feedback. (20 years ago, 11-Feb-04, to lugnet.town)

  Re: BrickTopia - Capitalist Pig Reeducation Center

(...) Just one, actually: postmodern. (Beautifully so.) (20 years ago, 11-Feb-04, to lugnet.town)