 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 1329
  Mini-fig Scale Ring Space Station

I have posted two quick pictures of a space station that I have been working on for the last six weeks. I am planning to bring the station to BrickFest (if I can get it in my car). Now that BrickFest is just days away I hope I can complete it in (...) (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.space) !!

  Re: Mini-fig Scale Ring Space Station

(...) -Grand Admiral and Keeper of Fleebnorks (URL) "Adopt a fleebnork. They're DYING!" -Sally Struthers (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Mini-fig Scale Ring Space Station

(...) Bob, Yowza. What Mark said. Now do you think if we all chipped in we could scrounge up enough clear parts to "elevate" that thing? -Andrew GardenSLUG (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Mini-fig Scale Ring Space Station

(...) Bob, To quote one of my favorite movies: "I think we're going to need a bigger boat.." Holy Smokes, man! That thing is HUGE! Somebody needs to take a LOT of pictures of that especially if the inside is revealed. -alex (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Mini-fig Scale Ring Space Station

(...) What's wrong with string? Allister ... damn I'd love to see that thing irl... darn Pacific Ocean At least give up bigger pictures. Please? (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Mini-fig Scale Ring Space Station

(...) See, and that's why with stuff that size it's often a good idea to consider making it so it can be dismantled. (...) I think if you plan to keep building MOCs as tall as your son, it's going to get very expensive by the time he's ready to (...) (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Mini-fig Scale Ring Space Station

(...) Wow!, No wait, WOW! Beautiful...I'll be taking a good look at the station when I get to Brickfest! What exactly holds the structure together...that station must be at least 30 pounds, so the supports must be really strong! Joe Meno (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Mini-fig Scale Ring Space Station

(...) Whoaly roley poley that's gonna be beautiful in person. I can't wait to see it! Don't break it, I would be sad. (URL) j o n (URL) zemi.net> (URL) the-shipyard> (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Mini-fig Scale Ring Space Station

Actually, I suspect that is the best floating LEGO space station I've ever seen. Please confirm my suspicions at the Fest. (URL) j o n (URL) zemi.net> (URL) the-shipyard> (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Mini-fig Scale Ring Space Station

(...) Wow. Wow! I thought about trying to make something along these lines, but it would have been much smaller, and looked far worse. For those of use who can't get to Brickfest, please take lots and lots of pictures, and show us how you're making (...) (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Mini-fig Scale Ring Space Station

(...) Wow, that is lovely. Is your kid about 900 feet tall? (because that's what the second picture looks like to me!) Hey .spacers, why hasn't anyone highlighted Bob's post yet? Sheesh! Leave it to me, a .train person, to give it the first (...) (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Mini-fig Scale Ring Space Station

(...) Woww....[drools] I've been semi-lurking for the past year, but this warrants five posts! Well, I'll just post once to save time ;-) This is an incredible station, man. It really does look like that station in the movie 2001: A Space Odyssey. (...) (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Mini-fig Scale Ring Space Station

(...) Man, I just watched 2001 and lookin at this makes me start hummin' a waltz. Wow, what a MOC! (URL) Admiral Giddens <>< (URL) space. (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Mini-fig Scale Ring Space Station

(...) Amazing, simply amazing. I am curious, did you use hinges or did you just "finger" the bricks so the can be offset in order to create the round shape? Obviously however you did it managed to be strong enough to support the weight. -Mike (...) (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Mini-fig Scale Ring Space Station

That is the freakin' coolest thing I've ever seen. I REALLY hope it makes the trip to BrickFest in 1 piece, 'cause I'd LOVE to see it up close. (21 years ago, 5-Aug-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Mini-fig Scale Ring Space Station

Great Cyborg's Ghost!! That's freakin' COOL!!! I can't quite make out how it all stays together, but the structure intrigues me. I'd love to see pics of minifigs at work and play in this station, but I think I agree with the public that thorough (...) (21 years ago, 5-Aug-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Mini-fig Scale Ring Space Station

(...) Thanks for the additional superstructure pics! I tried this once before and failed miserably. My starships tremble before your spacestation greatness. BTW, we should see Chris Gidden's new starship docked next to this one. Very cool. Or at (...) (21 years ago, 5-Aug-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Mini-fig Scale Ring Space Station

(...) I would love to see about two or three of those rings connected to a central spine. I would trade all of my pre-80's blue traintracks to see that in RL. Everybody's said it already, but I'll say it again: It is cool. Mike "David, would you (...) (21 years ago, 5-Aug-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Mini-fig Scale Ring Space Station

(...) That is gorgeous, Bob. PLEASE make sure that it's fully documented for us poor chumps that won't get to salivate over it in person. :) Cheers, -G (21 years ago, 5-Aug-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Mini-fig Scale Ring Space Station

I know everyone has already said it but...wicked cool, Bob. That's freakin' awesome. Pat Bunn (21 years ago, 5-Aug-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Mini-fig Scale Ring Space Station

(...) Ditto. This is something that I've always wanted to do in Lego, but never have. In the past, I've never had enough pieces. Our new house doesn't have the room yet to get all the Lego out of storage. Hopefully when the basement is finished, (...) (21 years ago, 6-Aug-03, to lugnet.space)