 Space / 26871
Re: Mini-fig Scale Ring Space Station
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 4 Aug 2003 04:23:01 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Bob Hayes wrote:
I have posted two quick pictures of a space station that I have been working
on for the last six weeks.  I am planning to bring the station to BrickFest
(if I can get it in my car).

     See, and that's why with stuff that size it's often a good idea to consider
making it so it can be dismantled.

Now that BrickFest is just days away I hope I can complete it in time.  I
also wanted to get some pictures in case it collapses before then.  Let me
know what you think.

     I think if you plan to keep building MOCs as tall as your son, it's going
to get very expensive by the time he's ready to graduate from high school.

     What's the minifig-perspective orientation of this thing?  Are we looking
at the top, bottom or side?  It almost seems like there should be some sort of
elongated axial hub.  Other than that, and without better/more in-depth photos,
about the only thing I can really say about it is that it looks like it would
fit in an Asimov/Clarke story fairly well.