 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 1238
  Headlight Brick Mosaic Patterns Cubed

Some of you may have already seen the (URL) headlight brick mosaic patterns> I've been coming up with using Ldraw: (5 URLs) While out running the other day, I had an inspiration: maybe I could take six of these patterns and form a cube. It didn't (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jun-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.mosaic, FTX) !!

  Re: Headlight Brick Mosaic Patterns Cubed

(...) Pure insane genius, Brendan. --Todd (21 years ago, 29-Jun-03, to lugnet.build.mosaic, FTX)

  Re: Headlight Brick Mosaic Patterns Cubed

(...) Brendan, Wow. A little batty, but awesome nonetheless! -Kevin (21 years ago, 30-Jun-03, to lugnet.build.mosaic, FTX)

  Re: Headlight Brick Mosaic Patterns Cubed

(...) What were you outrunning? You weren't actually running just for exercise, were you? Not that it's one of my 3 rules that I try to live by on my Lugnet member page, but I never run unless I'm chasing somebody or I'm being chased... Anyway, (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jun-03, to lugnet.build.mosaic, FTX)

  Re: Headlight Brick Mosaic Patterns Cubed

(...) Well, it looks like I need more practice with this embedded text thing. Let's try that 1x1 technic brick w/hole link the old fashioned way: (URL) just for practice :) (URL) here's the piece> There we go... (21 years ago, 30-Jun-03, to lugnet.build.mosaic, FTX)

  Re: Headlight Brick Mosaic Patterns Cubed

(...) Verily, verily, thou art the uber-builder. Later, Gary (21 years ago, 30-Jun-03, to lugnet.build.mosaic)

  Re: Headlight Brick Mosaic Patterns Cubed

(...) I still think it looks like the islamic tiling from The Alhambra in Granada ... maybe its time to use the Koran as inspiration .. SteveH (BeLUG) (21 years ago, 30-Jun-03, to lugnet.build.mosaic, FTX)

  Re: Headlight Brick Mosaic Patterns Cubed

(...) Snip (...) SWEET!!! M.C.Escher (R.I.P.) is jumping of happiness as we speak! Great job! J.- (21 years ago, 30-Jun-03, to lugnet.build.mosaic, FTX)

  Re: Headlight Brick Mosaic Patterns Cubed

(...) Simply amazing! And just to make it a little more insane: Have you thought at all about attaching the faces of the cube from the inside in order to preserve clean edges? Play well, Andreas Stabno (URL) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.build.mosaic, FTX)

  Re: Headlight Brick Mosaic Patterns Cubed

(...) Those three little words mean so much to me. Thanks, Todd. @8^) -Rev. Smith (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.build.mosaic, FTX)

  Re: Headlight Brick Mosaic Patterns Cubed

(...) If that's what it takes to be awesome, so be it. Thanks, Kevin. -Rev. Smith (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.build.mosaic, FTX)

  Re: Headlight Brick Mosaic Patterns Cubed

(...) A rabid ostrich. (...) Oh, my, no. Certainly not. (...) Darn ostriches. (...) Thanks. The only bad thing about the cube as a display mechanism is that it fails to show off one of the coolest features of these headlight mosaics: that they look (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.build.mosaic, FTX)

  Re: Headlight Brick Mosaic Patterns Cubed

(...) Thank you verily, verily much, Gary. @8^) -Rev. Smith (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.build.mosaic)

  Re: Headlight Brick Mosaic Patterns Cubed

(...) Hi, Steve. I take that as a great compliment that these patterns remind you of those in the Alhambra. I've never been there, but the tiling examples I've seen in photos are stunning. Does the Koran have a section on intructions for Islamic (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.build.mosaic, FTX)

  Re: Headlight Brick Mosaic Patterns Cubed

(...) Thanks, Jorge. As (URL) Andrew Lipson and Daniel Shiu> have shown us, whenever a LEGO builder can pay homage to Escher, the results are usually pretty sweet indeed. -Rev. Smith (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.build.mosaic, FTX)

  Re: Headlight Brick Mosaic Patterns Cubed

(...) Thanks, Andreas. (...) If it were possible -- or rather, if I had been able to figure out a way to do it, I would have made the cube with clean edges. But I'm not sure it is possible, at least, not just using headlight bricks. If anyone can (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.build.mosaic, FTX)

  Re: Headlight Brick Mosaic Patterns Cubed

(...) The cube does offer a possibility that a single plate doesn't. You could remove the top three panels and view the lower three panels from both sides. With a sufficiently stable base, you could even use it as a candy dish. (...) Try putting 1x1 (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.build.mosaic, FTX)