 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 1205
  New MOC: DYAD

This MOC started out as a self propelled Znap wheel about two years ago. You can see a movie of the original (URL) here>. About a month ago, I decided to see if I could build a similar wheel, but make it steerable. My first attempts were wobbly (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jun-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, lugnet.znap, lugnet.space, FTX) !

  Re: New MOC: DYAD

Very cool! It's good to see someone finally making it work! And a good use of Znap too. -"Insectiods, meet Znap!" -"Znap, meet Insectoids!" -"I'm leaving you kids now, here's your baby-sitter Technic! Behave now!" And behave they did! (21 years ago, 18-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.technic)

  Re: New MOC: DYAD

(...) shnippy (...) You know Bram, what I like best about your trademark stuff (which this is) is that it exists in that grey area between technic and system compatible design. It's almost like neo-Bauhaus stuff...the support structure visible, but (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: DYAD

(...) Brilliant! Kevin (21 years ago, 18-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: DYAD

(...) That's very cool and innovative! I would LOVE to see a video of it. You've done a good job of still making it look .Spacy, even though it is mainly technic. I dunno what it would be used for- looks a little strange rolling around some alien (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: DYAD

(...) I think Bram is trying to oust Adrian as the resident FREAK !! not my thing, but nice work, Bram :-D -paul (2 URLs) Paul Hartzog (URL) Et In Arcadia Lego> (custom sig image courtesy of CGidd) (21 years ago, 20-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: DYAD

(...) <snip> Very interesting and unique. Very cool. Hope to see this at Brickfest! Will you be bringing it? -TJ (21 years ago, 20-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New MOC: DYAD

(...) I hope to. Space in Adrian's Jeep is at a premium, though, especially since he doesn't build anything small. --Bram (2 URLs) Bram Lambrecht (URL) www.bldesign.org> (21 years ago, 20-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: DYAD

(...) Unfortunately, I won't have time to do that before going on vacation. (...) Thanks...it was mainly meant as a Tecnic/Znap experiment, but of course it isn't a complete MOC vehicle unless there's a minifig inside it. --Bram (2 URLs) Bram (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: DYAD

(...) Thanks! This really was a case of function before form. I built the entire cental axis and cockpit separately. Then I attached them and added plates to cover up the gaps. (...) I think varying shapes and layers often works better than (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: DYAD

(...) Pshaw. The Turbocycles are all small. The turkey's not what I'd call big either :) I'm sure there will be a home for this somewhere. After all, I have a roof cargo holder now, so we can toss luggage and non-breakable stuff up there so we have (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New MOC: DYAD

Awesome! Very cool! I can't wait for the movie! I don't really remember Znap much, but excellent use of the Znap parts. I never would have thought that something like this was even possible with LEGO, but you have proven me wrong. Max (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.technic, FTX)