 Space / 25199
Re: New MOC: DYAD
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 18 Jun 2003 12:54:25 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Bram Lambrecht wrote:
   This MOC started out as a self propelled Znap wheel about two years ago. You can see a movie of the original here. About a month ago, I decided to see if I could build a similar wheel, but make it steerable.

shnippy

   Without any further ado,

   The DYAD

Please LMKWYT! Let me know if you want to see more pics. If people want, I can try to get some video too.
--Bram

Bram Lambrecht
www.bldesign.org

You know Bram, what I like best about your trademark stuff (which this is) is that it exists in that grey area between technic and system compatible design. It’s almost like neo-Bauhaus stuff...the support structure visible, but worked into the shape of the design to add to it’s appeal rather than detract from it.

Specifically, the wheels are this are of course the main accomplishment, but I quite enjoy the texturing of the central hub. Using layered and angled plates to greeble rather than the traditional detail tiles and elements again give a system effect using technic technique.

I got the popcorn....bring on the movie, man.

Excellent work.

Cheers, -Gil