 Announcements / 3886 (-20)
  BrickFest '09 Registration is open!

(URL) Hi All, Just letting you all know that Registration is now open. Hope to see you all there! SteveB <www.BrickFest.com> (15 years ago, 4-Jan-09, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.space, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.castle, lugnet.robotics, FTX) !

  NALUG at GETS 2008

I've just finished doing web pages with pictures from NALUG's display at the Great Edmonton Train Show last September. Some of the stuff repeats from the 2007 show, but since we still don't have web pages for that year, it will be new to anyone who (...) (16 years ago, 3-Jan-09, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.ca.ab.edm, lugnet.loc.ca.ab, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.trains)

  New website: www.binarybricks.nl

Hi all, First of all, best wishes for 2009! I started my new website www.binarybricks.nl on January 1st. On the Dutch site are hints, tips and tricks for LDraw and lessons an tutorials. There is also a Dutch guide for installing LDraw on a PC. (...) (16 years ago, 1-Jan-09, to lugnet.announce)

  New Ldraw parts authors tool: Rectifier

(URL) This new utility optimizes a LDraw file by converting adjacent triangles into quads and transforms rhombuses bordered with lines into rect primitives. Program, documentation, source code are available (URL) here>. (URL) Applied on the above (...) (16 years ago, 1-Jan-09, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Wish You All a Merry Little Christmas...

Dear Friends of LUGNET, 2008 is nearing its end, and I would like to take the time to thank you all for your enthusiasm in being a part of the AFOL community in general and LUGNET in particular. For you and your families, loved ones and friends, I (...) (16 years ago, 23-Dec-08, to lugnet.announce) !

  L(EGO)Draw parts - 2nd batch

Hi folks, as an early X-Mas present the LEGO Universe Team has shared another batch of part shapes with the community, with the purpose to make them fit for the LDraw Parts Tracker. This time the focus is on Minifig Headgear but there are also some (...) (16 years ago, 20-Dec-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.announce)

  Classic-Castle's Colossal Castle Contest submissions open

Colossal Castle Contest submissions are now open! Technical difficulties have been fixed and you can now (URL) submit your entries>. If you are interested in learning more about Classic-Castle's signature annual contest, please see (URL) the contest (...) (16 years ago, 16-Dec-08, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.contests, FTX)

  AFOL survey by LEGO community team

I don't know if this been posted on LUGNET. I saw this other fan sites. (URL) The LEGO Group Wants to Hear From You! As Adult Fans of LEGO, you bring an important perspective to the LEGO Group. We respect your creativity and passion for our brand. (...) (16 years ago, 11-Dec-08, to lugnet.announce) !!

  BayLUG in the News

Well, I'm a little disappointed. Much of what is said in the article is not what I said in the interview. Oh well. Below is the link and the article should be in print in today's Chronicle in the "96 Hours" section. (URL) (16 years ago, 11-Dec-08, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Call for event graphic submissions

BrickFest ’09 - Portland, OR - March 27-29th, 2009 The BrickFest ’09 team invites the creative designers and artists of the AFOL community to submit graphic ideas/artwork for the official BrickFest ‘09 event graphic. It will be used on items such (...) (16 years ago, 10-Dec-08, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.org, lugnet.people, lugnet.general)

  Creator Adventcalender 2004 - Xmas Blog

Hi all, On December 1 I started a (Dutch) blog for the Creator Adventcalender from 2004. It features full building instructions for the daily model, its alternative model and downloadable LDR and PDF files. As of today, December 8 there is an (...) (16 years ago, 10-Dec-08, to lugnet.announce)

  Shipping LEGO to Brickfest (and other places)

All- Having taken MOCs as large as whole LTC layouts from LA to BrickFests in DC and LA to PDX, I have some experience in the matter. I made a recent discovery that may interest some of you. Turns out that to ship 255 pounds of LEGO in a $200 (...) (16 years ago, 6-Dec-08, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Little Blue Thing - lol idk

Little Blue Thing: lol, idk... :) (URL) When I built this last night, I didn't think it was anything to write home about, but the more I add little improvements to it, the more I thought it would be nice to share it and bring it to your attention, (...) (16 years ago, 4-Dec-08, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, FTX) !

  LDraw.org's November 2008 Part of the Month Winner

Congratulations to the winner of the November 2008 Part Of The Month (POTM) contest: (URL) POTM - Best Part, Wheel 62.4 x 20 by Philippe Hurbain (Philo)> (URL) POTM - Most Desired Part, Wheel 62.4 x 20 by Philippe Hurbain (Philo)> The voting for the (...) (16 years ago, 4-Dec-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  *** LDView Version 4.0 Beta 1 Released ***

LDView 4.0 Beta 1 is now available for download from the LDView downloads page here: (URL) This is a Beta release, which means that I’m hoping to get as much feedback as possible. This also means that it is likely not as stable as a final release, (...) (16 years ago, 2-Dec-08, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, FTX) !

  Brickmania launches Custom Instructions Club + New Forum

BRICKMANIA INSTRUCTIONS CLUB The club is a subscription service that includes access to new sets of customs instructions to be released each month. On December 1, 2008 I will release my first new set of instructions for the StuG III mechanized (...) (16 years ago, 24-Nov-08, to lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  Temporary Outages Today...

Hi all, depending on from where in the world you connect to the net, you may have experienced access issues with LUGNET today, starting around 7 a.m. GMT and lasting to approx. 3 p.m. GMT (literally as I write this). The reason for this was a (...) (16 years ago, 21-Nov-08, to lugnet.announce)

  Vignette - Pirates in 2008.

Is this the true face of the pirates who have seized the Supertanker off the coast of Kenya? (URL) Dr. S. (16 years ago, 18-Nov-08, to lugnet.build.vignette, lugnet.announce, lugnet.pirates)

  2008/2009 LDraw.org Standards Committee (LSC) - New committee

Hi folks, since only 5 people have accept their nomination in response to this message: (URL) volunteer for the job the election itself has become obsolete. Congratulations to the new LDraw Standards Committee members (in alphabetical order by last (...) (16 years ago, 18-Nov-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce)

  2009 AFOL Event Schedule

Hey all, this is Andrew, one of the 2008/2009 Lego Ambassadors and Administrator over at BZPower. Lego Community Development Manager Jan Beyer recently contacted me with a task that I need everyone's help on. LEGO and their community team would like (...) (16 years ago, 17-Nov-08, to lugnet.events, lugnet.announce, lugnet.ambassadors)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact