 Announcements / 3706 (-100)
  Lego Universe Update

The Lego Universe project continues... Recently a reporter from BBC had a chance to attend a special session with the LU team to see how things are progressing. You can read about it here: (URL) you haven't already, please visit www.legouniverse.com (...) (17 years ago, 17-Jan-08, to lugnet.announce) !

  Grunts - Episode 11.

(URL) S. (17 years ago, 17-Jan-08, to lugnet.build.military, lugnet.announce)

  Brickworld 2008 Registration Open

Hello Everyone!! We at Brickworld are thrilled to be bringing a second event to the community. We have made changes to the event based on feedback we received last year to try and make it more rewarding for the attendees. Here are some of the (...) (17 years ago, 14-Jan-08, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, FTX) !!

  Grunts - episode 10.

(URL) S. (17 years ago, 13-Jan-08, to lugnet.build.military, lugnet.announce)

  Grunts - Episode 9.

(URL) S. (17 years ago, 9-Jan-08, to lugnet.build.military, lugnet.announce)

  Grunts - Episode 8.

(URL) S. (17 years ago, 9-Jan-08, to lugnet.build.military, lugnet.announce)

  2008/2009 LDraw.org Steering Committee: List of candidates

Hi folks, I have put together a summary of the LDraw Steering Committee (SteerCo) candidates for your reference. I’ll do my best to keep it up to date as new nominations or acceptances are coming in. You can find it at: (URL) are listed in (...) (17 years ago, 8-Jan-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  LDraw.org's December 2007 Model, Scene and Part of the Month Winners

Congratulations to the winners of the December 2007 Model/Scene/Part Of The Month (MOTM/SOTM/POTM) contests: (URL) POTM - Best Part, Technic Beam 5 with Two Ball Sockets by Michael Heidemann (mikeheide)> (URL) POTM – Most Desired Part, Minifig (...) (17 years ago, 7-Jan-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  Grunts - episode 7.

(URL) S. (17 years ago, 6-Jan-08, to lugnet.build.military, lugnet.announce)

  BayLUG Turns 10!

I am pleased to announce that in 2008 the Bay Area LEGO Users Group (BayLUG) turns 10-years-old. We hope to have some special things planned for the year which will culminate with a birthday celebration in October. Keep watching our website for (...) (17 years ago, 6-Jan-08, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Grunts - Episode 6.

(URL) S. (17 years ago, 5-Jan-08, to lugnet.build.military, lugnet.announce)

  Grunts - Episode 5.

Got the navigation at this level sorted now. :-) (URL) S. (17 years ago, 4-Jan-08, to lugnet.build.military, lugnet.announce)

  The Unofficial LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT Inventor's Guide

I'm having a book signing this month for my new book The Unofficial LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT Inventor's Guide (No Starch Press), and I decided to officially announce the book here on LUGNET and invite everyone who lives in the Round Rock, Texas area to (...) (17 years ago, 4-Jan-08, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.tx, FTX) !

  Small change in the top menu of news and guide pages

Hi all, following a very useful suggestion, I have finally implemented a new button in the top menu of the news and guide pages. Signed-in members will now be able to easily access their member profiles through the click of a "Profile" button next (...) (17 years ago, 4-Jan-08, to lugnet.announce)

  8272 Snowmobile named in Canadian Toy Testing Council's list of best toys

A friend sent me this link: (URL) CTTC also asks about 1,000 children test toys in their own homes for six to 12 weeks and then asks the families to provide a report of which are the most fun, and innovative. Among the Top 10 Children's Choice picks (...) (17 years ago, 3-Jan-08, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.announce, lugnet.technic)

  2008/2009 LDraw.org Steering Committee: Call for Nominations

Per the LDraw.org Bylaws at (URL) Subsection 6.03(a), the 2007/2008 Steering Committee hereby calls for the community to nominate individuals as candidates for the 2008/2009 Steering Committee[1]. Please post nominations in response to this message. (...) (17 years ago, 3-Jan-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce)

  Grelnix

New Mecha: Grelnix ==== Completed X-mas Day 2007. (URL) 6 weeks to construct. 33 inches tall. Nearly 10 pounds. 6 Technic Turntables. 2 Pilots - Head / Chest. Ball joints for ankle splay. Jet Pack - 9v Battery Box. Quad ball joint setup / neck. (...) (17 years ago, 28-Dec-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.technic, lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, FTX) !

  New LDraw part author tool: PlanarCheck

(2 URLs) PlanarCheck> helps you verify that all quads of a part file are planar enough to fulfill LDraw.org Parts Tracker requirements. While a triangle is always flat, a quad may be warped. This can yield weird rendering results, as exemplified by (...) (17 years ago, 27-Dec-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  Grunts - Episode 4.

(URL) S. (17 years ago, 24-Dec-07, to lugnet.build.military, lugnet.announce)

  Submission for MOTM/SOTM/POTM closes in a week

Hi folks, we still seek some entries for the MOTM/POTM contest: (URL) currently have 4 entries for the MOTM, 3 for the POTM and many for the SOTM. As you might know we will run these contests only if there are a minimum of five entries. Please (...) (17 years ago, 22-Dec-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce)

  Grunts - Episode 3.

The final format change? (URL) S. (17 years ago, 20-Dec-07, to lugnet.build.military, lugnet.announce)

  Displaying my set collections at LEGO-palooza

Since I was a kid collecting lego, I've had a fantasy of setting up all my sets (at that time, 70's town) in an integrated display- I mean, how cool would that be?!? I have never had the luxury of room to do that at home, but the NCLUG LEGO-palooza (...) (17 years ago, 18-Dec-07, to lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  Grunts - Episode 2.

I'm still feeling my way with this, but I've taken on board a lot of the comments so far from various sources. Unless this is still too big, this is probably the format I'll adopt: (URL) S. (17 years ago, 17-Dec-07, to lugnet.build.military, lugnet.announce)

  Grunts - a LEGO Comic Strip

I dunno how well this will go down, this is an experiment - if it works and if it's funny, there will be more, if not, then it's quite simple - I will destroy the planet. Grunts - Episode 1! (URL) S. (17 years ago, 17-Dec-07, to lugnet.build.military, lugnet.announce) !

  Change in LUGNET news appearance

Hi all, in the next couple of days, you may notice some changes in the appearance of LUGNET news web pages. These changes are basically a testing scenario and will have the following impact: As long as you are visiting LUGNET news web pages (...) (17 years ago, 13-Dec-07, to lugnet.announce) !

  New LDraw part author tool: Coverer

(2 URLs) Coverer> is a new tool for LDraw part authors that creates a sheet of triangle and quads between two sets of lines. Program, source, documentation, examples are available (URL) here> May this tool help you create new parts! Philo (17 years ago, 13-Dec-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, FTX) !

  Server Outage today

Dear all, the main LUGNET server encountered an outage today, caused by a power supply failure and subsequent system recovery. As I am writing this, everything is back to normal and no data have been lost in the process. I apologize for any (...) (17 years ago, 13-Dec-07, to lugnet.announce)

  Breaking News! Enemy troops found within Tabletown Borders!

During a routine patrol on Thursday 06/12/07, Recon' Troopers from the Tabletown Army stumbled across enemy troops from BestLockLand some three miles within the densely forested area in the north west sector of the Tabletown Region. Apparently (...) (17 years ago, 6-Dec-07, to lugnet.build.military, lugnet.announce) !

  First Patrol

Members of the 44th Tabletown Infantry Division embark upon the first patrol of their assigned sector near the BestLockLand Border. (URL) S. (17 years ago, 5-Dec-07, to lugnet.build.military, lugnet.announce)

  LEGO TV on Comcast on Demand

Hoping I'm not posting old news, but LEGO TV went live yesterday on Comcast on Demand. There's an hours worth of content that will be cycling through during this Christmas season. One of the features includes a report from Brickfest PDX and (...) (17 years ago, 4-Dec-07, to lugnet.announce, FTX)

  The Tabletown Army is complete!

After two weeks of frantic building, here we are: 1) Troops: (URL) Small Arms: (URL) Vigil Class Amphibious Supply Truck: (URL) Venom Class Battlefield Superiority Helicopter: (URL) list of my MOCs here (the others have been posted already): (URL) (...) (17 years ago, 2-Dec-07, to lugnet.build.military, lugnet.announce)

  LDraw.org's November 2007 Model, Scene and Part of the Month Winners

Congratulations to the winners of the November 2007 Model/Scene/Part Of The Month (MOTM/SOTM/POTM) contests: (URL) POTM - Best Part, Electric Technic Power Functions XL Motor Complete Shortcut by Philippe Hurbain (Philo)> (URL) POTM – Most Desired (...) (17 years ago, 1-Dec-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  BrickBuildr Hits its 90th Member

BrickBuildr is (URL) 90 users> strong, with (URL) 78 LEGO related groups>, consisting of (URL) 26392 photos>, tagged with (URL) 5061 tags>. Any body want to design a logo for the web-site? I can pay in LEGO. :) --Mike. (17 years ago, 30-Nov-07, to lugnet.announce, FTX)

  Reasonably Clever December Challenge: Holiday Transfomers

Hello all - We just finished up our last contest ((URL) Mars Re-Mission>) at (URL) Reasonably Clever>, but we wanted to squeeze in one more challenge for 2007. To that end, I'd like to announce the (URL) Holiday Transformation Challenge> (URL) Your (...) (17 years ago, 29-Nov-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.contests, FTX)

  Sentinel Class Recon'/Utility Vehicle (RUV).

OK, so I couldn't help myself - here is the Sentinel Class Recon'/Utility Vehicle (RUV), based loosely on a Jeep, its purpose is to scout enemy territory, act as a patrol vehicle and as a general runaround. (URL) Sentinel is lightly armoured and can (...) (17 years ago, 26-Nov-07, to lugnet.build, lugnet.announce)

  Infiltrator Class APC

This is probably the last military ground vehicle I will be pressing into service for the Tabletown Army - well, for a while at least. My brief here was to complete a trio of vehicles so that the Tabletown troops actually had something to ride (...) (17 years ago, 21-Nov-07, to lugnet.build, lugnet.announce)

  Submission for MOTM/SOTM/POTM closes in a week

Hi folks, we still seek some entries for the MOTM/SOTM contest: (URL) currently have 4 entries for the MOTM, 3 for the SOTM and many for the POTM. As you might know we will run these contests only if there are a minimum of five entries. Please (...) (17 years ago, 21-Nov-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce)

  Aggressor Class Main Battle Tank - more toys for the Tabletown Army!

Following my construction of the Triumph Class LAVs, I decided Tabletown needed something heavier to engage the enemy forces of BestLockLand, and so here we are! This is the Sinister Industries Aggressor Class MBT (Main Battle Tank). Weighing in at (...) (17 years ago, 20-Nov-07, to lugnet.build, lugnet.announce)

  Triumph Class Light Assault Vehicle, Newly delivered to the Tabletown Armed Forces

This is my first attempt at an AFV and also my first ever attempt at "mass-producing" a vehicle. This is the Sinister Industries Triumph Class LAV (Light Assault Vehicle), a twin-gun turretless fast-moving ground vehicle. (URL) with two 50-megajoule (...) (17 years ago, 18-Nov-07, to lugnet.build, lugnet.announce)

  Portable LEGO! Zoo-In-A-Box

Hello all! It has been a very long time- I’m very happy to be back!! Here’s my latest- Zoo In a Box- take it with you wherever you may go! (2 URLs) Let me know what you all think! Cheers- Megan (17 years ago, 16-Nov-07, to lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  Serious E-mail issue resolved

@ll, I am very sorry that apparently a serious issue with LUGNET's e-mail service went unnoticed for a couple of days. This resulted in a backlog of some 16,000 messages that went unprocessed plus several thousand e-mails that were not sent out. The (...) (17 years ago, 14-Nov-07, to lugnet.announce)

  Adventures of the S-Team contest!

Hi all, Today marks the 400th strip of The Adventures of the S-Team ((URL) and also a reiteration of a contest I announced back in October where you can be a guest author for the S-Team. Follow this link ((URL) the details. Entry deadline is (...) (17 years ago, 9-Nov-07, to lugnet.announce)

  LDraw.org's October 2007 Model, Scene and Part of the Month Winners

Congratulations to the winners of the October 2007 Model/Scene/Part Of The Month (MOTM/SOTM/POTM) contests: (URL) MOTM, The Croatian National Theatre in Zagreb by Matija Puzar> (URL) POTM - Best Part, Electric Power Functions 9V Battery Box (...) (17 years ago, 2-Nov-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  2007/2008 LDraw Standard Committee (LSC) election result

The winners of the 2007/2008 LDraw Standards Committee (LSC) election are (in alphabetical order by last name): Travis Cobbs Mike Heidemann William Howard Philippe Hurbain Orion Pobursky Congratulations to the new LDraw Standards Committee (LSC) (...) (17 years ago, 2-Nov-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce) !

  LSculpt update - Mac version available!

Jim Devona has kindly compiled LSculpt for Macintosh. It's a universal build, so it should work on Intel and PPC computers. I've also added a little more text to the HELP file and fixed a couple bugs. LSculpt is available at (URL) Here are a couple (...) (17 years ago, 1-Nov-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.build.schleim, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Adventures of the S-Team turns 400!

Greetings, LEGO brethren (and, uh, sisthren?)! This is my first post on LugNet. My name is Ian Thomas Healy. I am the creator of the LEGO-based webcomic (URL) The Adventures of the S-Team>. Next Friday, November 9th, marks a milestone - my 400th (...) (17 years ago, 1-Nov-07, to lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  ULUG will attend The Wasatch Rails Train Show in Salt Lake City

To all, ULUG will be attending the Wasatch Rails Train Show in Salt Lake City this weekend. This show officially kicks off our train year. Ironically, this will be our first year anniversary train show. Reed, as President of GBLT&C, has been (...) (17 years ago, 31-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.ulug, lugnet.town, lugnet.announce)

  Reminder: 2007/2008 LDraw Standards Committee (LSC) Election closing tomorrow

Hi folks, As outlined here: (URL) election will close tomorrow, at 23:59 EDT (GMT -0500), October 31, 2007. Willy Tschager On behalf of the LDraw.org Steering Committee (17 years ago, 30-Oct-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Scott Wardlaw's GE AC4400CW in Canadian Pacific Trim

(URL) After several versions, I think this one turned out pretty good. Please take a look at the pictures and let me know what you think. (URL) Thanks for looking, Scott (17 years ago, 25-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  Reminder: 2007/2008 LDraw Standards Committee (LSC) Election closing in a week

Hi folks, As outlined here: (URL) election will close in a week, at 23:59 EDT (GMT -0500), October 31, 2007. Willy Tschager On behalf of the LDraw.org Steering Committee (17 years ago, 24-Oct-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Four-stroke pneumatic pump

Here is my last creation, a four-stroke pneumatic compressor. (URL) only special parts are the small pumps and the crankshaft pieces. This compressor can also be build up partly. I mean you can use one or two pumps instead of four. Depending on the (...) (17 years ago, 25-Oct-07, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.announce) !

  News from California

LEGOLAND California is closed today due to the fires in Southern California. Interstate 5 and the associated railroad tracks from Oceanside to San Clemente were shut down at 02:00 this morning, cutting off access to the park from north of San Diego. (...) (17 years ago, 24-Oct-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.legoland.california, FTX)

  Building block cake recipe from Betty Crocker

Want to bake a Lego-style cake? I just found this online: (URL) it's safe to eat Lego :) Roy (17 years ago, 24-Oct-07, to lugnet.announce)

  Weren't we all expecting this??

In someways I knew this would happen and I have been expecting this day. Hopefully, it means the downfall of MegaBloks forever! (URL) (17 years ago, 19-Oct-07, to lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.ulug)

  Updates to Sticker Generater

(URL) Thanks to everyone who provided constructive input on my Sticker Generator Software. The following improvements / changes have been made: More keyboard-user friendly Ignore White Color is more accurate Ingore Black Color is more accurate (...) (17 years ago, 17-Oct-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, FTX) !!

  Re: BrickJournal 9 is OUT, as well as other news!

I can't say that I'm terribly upset and that I didn't see this coming. Now that BrickJournal can have real subscribers, the magazine can continue to grow with more advertising. I do hope that the advertising will be cheaper for LEGO based (...) (17 years ago, 17-Oct-07, to lugnet.publish.brickjournal, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  2007/2008 LDraw Standards Committee (LSC) Election is open

The 2007/2008 LDraw Standards Committee[1] election is now open. To vote, please visit (URL) and log in with your user account. Next, visit the ballot page on LDraw.org here: (URL) LDraw organization members may vote and you may vote for up to five (...) (17 years ago, 17-Oct-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce) !!

  BrickJournal 9 is OUT, as well as other news!

(URL) BrickJournal 9 is now available for downloading through its (URL) TwoMorrows.> It's 148 pages of reports and instructions, with event reports of 1000steine-Land, Brickworld, and LEGOFest. There's also interviews with a couple of Star Wars (...) (17 years ago, 16-Oct-07, to lugnet.publish.brickjournal, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  Brickfair is official....

This was posted in the WAMALUG and WAMAltc yahoogroups earlier today: BrickFair 2008 is official. Plans have been in the works to bring the LEGO festival back to the Washington DC area. As of today it is official. Next summer's event is once again (...) (17 years ago, 13-Oct-07, to lugnet.events, lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  Reminder: 2007/2008 LDraw.org Standards Committee (LSC) closing tomorrow

Hi folks, as outlined here: (URL) will close tomorrow, at 11:59 PM GMT on 14 October 2007 and elections will start October 17. Only those candidates that have been nominated and have accepted as outlined (or volunteer), will be eligible for (...) (17 years ago, 13-Oct-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce)

  Surprise! ULUG will be attending the Train Show in Idaho Falls, Idaho

To all, ULUG received a lated and surprising invitation to attend a train show in Idaho Falls, Idaho over the weekend. So Reed, David and I will be traveling to Idaho today to set-up. If you are in the area or attending BYU-Idaho, stop by and say (...) (17 years ago, 12-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.ulug, lugnet.town, lugnet.announce)

  NXT Power Programming

I’d like to officially announce that Variant Press will soon publish my new book, NXT Power Programming. It should be available November 7th. You can pre-order it now at Amazon.com or Variant Press. I hope everyone who purchases a copy of NXT Power (...) (17 years ago, 11-Oct-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt) !

  Simpsons

The beginning of today’s Simpsons was a LEGO scene. Mike (17 years ago, 8-Oct-07, to lugnet.announce)

  Reminder: 2007/2008 LDraw.org Standards Committee (LSC) closing in a week

Hi folks, we are half way down with the nominations. As outlined here: (URL) will close in a week, at 11:59 PM GMT on 14 October 2007 and elections will start October 17. Only those candidates that have been nominated, seconded, and have accepted as (...) (17 years ago, 7-Oct-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce)

  Power Functions presentation

I have updated my website with a presentation of the new Power Functions system, including: # Overview of Power Functions range # Description of working # Comparison with older 9V mini-motors # LDraw and LeoCAD part files (URL) motors comparison (...) (17 years ago, 6-Oct-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains) !!

  New Contest: Mars ReMission

Winners were recently announced for the (URL) TRON Building challenge>, which means it's time to kick off another building contest over at (URL) Reasonably Clever.> This time around, the quest is to rebuild the 7695 Astro Fighter kit into something (...) (17 years ago, 5-Oct-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.space, FTX) !

  Introducing SR 3D Builder - a LDraw editor by Sergio Reano

I proxy this on behalf of Sergio Reano, who for some technical reasons is not able to post to LUGNET. Please post here your comments but cc: also to Sergio via mail. Hi everybody, my name is Sergio Reano and I'm a programmer and Lego fun from Italy. (...) (17 years ago, 5-Oct-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev.lcd) !!

  The Dirty Brickster at BrickCon 2007

The Dirty Brickster is coming to BrickCon 2007. As seen in the event schedule, (URL) Dirty Brickster will be Saturday night at 9:30. If you've done it before: worth $10+ to an AFOL. No junk. Please wrap ahead of time. If you've never before (...) (17 years ago, 3-Oct-07, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.events, lugnet.announce)

  Ultra Sonic Super Fantastic Kids Day Weekend 2007!

Hello fellow LEGO Fans! Please join us for the: Ultra Sonic Super Fantastic Kids Day Weekend 2007! ==== PNC Arts Center - Holmdel, New Jersey. EXIT 116 on the Garden State Parkway. FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE (4 URLs) October 6th - 11am to (...) (17 years ago, 2-Oct-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, FTX)

  The Future of Trains

I'm posting this on behalf of Richard Stollery, head of LEGO Community Development: LEGO 9V Train Communication Billund, Oct. 1st ’07 Dear all, Many of you are aware of the on-going discussions on the 9V train system. We would like to thank you all (...) (17 years ago, 1-Oct-07, to lugnet.announce) !!

  RailBricks Issue 1

On behalf of Jeramy Spurgeon, Greetings all! I'm proud to announce the release of the premiere issue of RailBricks! (URL) RailBricks is a dedicated LEGO® Train Hobby Magazine similar to Model Railroader. Each issue will strive to advance the LEGO® (...) (17 years ago, 1-Oct-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.publish, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  Call for Nominations: 2007/2008 LDraw.org Standards Committee (LSC)

It has been more than a year since the last election of the LDraw.org Standards Committee (LSC). Nominations are now open. All nominations must be received and recorded by October 14. Elections will be held from October 17 ‘til October 31. The (...) (17 years ago, 1-Oct-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce) !

  Voting for "Model Of The Month" is now open

Hi folks, we've a new round of models and parts in our MOTM contest. Have a look at: (URL) cast your vote! Willy Tschager LDraw Administration Team (17 years ago, 1-Oct-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce)

  Scott Wardlaw's GM EMD SD70MAC in CSX trim

(URL) I don't think it is quite as good as my SD80 Norfolk Southern, but please take a look at the rest of the pictures here: (URL) Thanks for looking, Scott (17 years ago, 28-Sep-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  Vignette - A Hard Day's Fight - INTERACTIVE!

Sir Taindeath was weary after the day's battle - no matter how many evil skeletons he killed, there always seemed to be more. As the sun began to set he wondered if he would live to see the next day... (URL) now for the interactive part - YOU get to (...) (17 years ago, 26-Sep-07, to lugnet.build.vignette, lugnet.announce, lugnet.castle)

  Torture Chamber - a Castle Vignette

Knocked unconscious during the attack on his patrol, the warrior awakes to find himself chained upside down in the deepest darkest part of the evil Wizard's castle. A fire spits and sizzles only inches from his face, and from the corner gloom, a (...) (17 years ago, 24-Sep-07, to lugnet.build.vignette, lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce)

  2006/2007 LDraw.org Standards Committee (LSC) Summary

The annual summary of the activities of the outgoing 2006/2007 LDraw.org Standards Committee can be found at: (URL) Howard On behalf of the LDraw Standards Committee (17 years ago, 23-Sep-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce)

  LDraw File Format 1.0 specification ratified by the LSC

The LDraw Standards Committee (LSC) has ratified the LDraw File Format 1.0 specification. Please see here for the new specification - (URL) old 0.27 specification is still available here - (URL) LDraw web team is currently in the process of changing (...) (17 years ago, 23-Sep-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad) !

  Castle Team: The New Role of Fan Feedback

(URL) My name is Ben Ellermann and I am a huge LEGO Castle fan! This article will tell you how several lifelong Castle builders and I contributed to the new castle line. I first joined the LEGO Ambassadors in Spring 2006. Soon I found out that a (...) (17 years ago, 23-Sep-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.ambassadors, lugnet.castle, FTX) !!

  Submission for MOTM/SOTM/POTM and Rachal closes in a week

Hi folks, we still seek some entries for the MOTM/SOTM contest: (URL) currently have three entries for the MOTM, many for the POTM and none for the SOTM. We will now only run these contests if there are a minimum of five entries and it is unlikely (...) (17 years ago, 21-Sep-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce) !

  Re:Keeping me on a string...By Figueifoto

About “Keeping me on a string...” ((URL) truth must be said, and the real facts have to be spoken. I do not allow my name to be put in jeopardy when I did everything in the most honest way possible. If someone was not honest, it wasn’t me. It is (...) (17 years ago, 18-Sep-07, to lugnet.announce)

  Lego Cruise Ship Challenge

Hey All, I just got an email about this and thought some you might be interested. "Norwegian Cruise Line and the LEGO Group are teaming on NCL’s LEGO Cruise Ship Building Challenge, exclusively for LEGO Club members. Young builders are invited to (...) (17 years ago, 16-Sep-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.boats, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.town, FTX)

  NWBrickCon reaches 100 registered attendees!

NWBrickCon is very happy to announce that we have reached 100 registered attendees. You still have 3 days left to register. NWBrickCon 2007 Advance Registration Closes on September 15th. Benefits of Advance Registration include a lower price ($44 (...) (17 years ago, 13-Sep-07, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.events, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, FTX) !

  NWBrickCon - The Wacky Race Continues!

NWBrickCon Seattle, Washington, USA October 5, 6 and 7, 2007 The Wacky Race will be at NWBrickCon 2007! Will You? This will be the 4th year that competitors have built and crashed their crazy and wacky racers here in the Pacific Northwest! Each (...) (17 years ago, 12-Sep-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.events, FTX) !

  Indiana Jones sets leaked?

(Picture deleted by request of holder of rights (copyright violation)) Do we need a lugnet.licensed.indiana ? (17 years ago, 12-Sep-07, to lugnet.licensed, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.announce, lugnet.year.2008, FTX) !

  NWBrickCon SPACE and Moonbase - call for MOCs

We have are going to have a spectacular SPACE and Moonbase display this year at Northwest Brick Con. There are 18 tables to fill between the two themes. That seems like a lot but it could fill up super fast with just a few enormous MOCs. I already (...) (17 years ago, 11-Sep-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.events, lugnet.space, FTX) !!

  NWBrickCon Town / Train Area - call for MOCs

Calling all MOCs for the town/train/city display for NWBrickCon! This year, we have another great space to show off a fantastic town/train/city display and I encourage everyone to bring anything they’d like to display. Please email me with what you (...) (17 years ago, 10-Sep-07, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.events, lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  Math display case filled with Lego models

Last spring, my colleagues got funding for two shiny display cabinets for my math department. Appropriate displays were just slow enough in coming that I could (quickly) haul out several of my Lego math demonstration models and fill an entire case (...) (17 years ago, 10-Sep-07, to lugnet.edu, lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  NWBrickCon 2006 Castle Area

NWBrickCon is less than a month away. Tedward over at Classic Castle emailed me about having a Grand Tournament as the theme for our castle layout. I think this is an excellent idea and the plans are in motion for bringing this together. More (...) (17 years ago, 10-Sep-07, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.events, lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  Update to the LDraw Library Header Specification

At the request of the PT Admins, the LSC has amended the format of the !LDRAW_ORG meta-statement to permit zero or more qualifiers. The format of this meta-statement is now 0 !LDRAW_ORG Part|Subpart|Primiti...e|Shortcut (optional qualifier(s)) (...) (17 years ago, 7-Sep-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce)

  LDraw.org's August 2007 Model, Scene and Part of the Month Winners

Congratulations to the winners of the August 2007 Model/Scene/Part Of The Month (MOTM/SOTM/POTM) contests: (URL) MOTM, German Rail Bus VT 95 by "Primus" Burkhard> (URL) SOTM, Backlot by Willy Tschager> (URL) - Best Part, Minifig Mechanical Head and (...) (17 years ago, 7-Sep-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  Keeping me on a string...

A few months ago, I made the announcement (in the correct newsgroup!) that I would sell my entire collection (Technic, Model Team, and 12V trains) of sets from 1978 untill 2004. All the sets were really low priced (compared to the lowest (...) (17 years ago, 6-Sep-07, to lugnet.announce) !!

  Ten Days Left: NWBrickCon 2007 Advance Registration Closes September 15th

NWBrickCon 2007 Advance Registration Closes on September 15th. Benefits of Advance Registration include a lower price ($44 vs. $50 at the door) and a personalized engraved brick badge. Note that you must have both registered and *paid* by September (...) (17 years ago, 5-Sep-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.nwbrickcon) !!

  lugnet.fun

Only a few days late, here are (URL) september LEGO horoscopes>. Enjoy! (URL) en Français)> (URL) in het Nederlands)> I can't believe I've bothered doing this for a year now... Jean-Marc (17 years ago, 3-Sep-07, to lugnet.announce, FTX)

  LEGO Fan Lives

A small group of fans and LEGO Ambassadors have been working behind the scenes to make a new LEGO Fan site after the server crashed earlier this year: (2 URLs) The site has new content and a new logo. Certain areas are under construction and we will (...) (17 years ago, 30-Aug-07, to lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  Search by tag on BrickBuildr

Just a quick FYI, I've added a tag cloud on BrickBuildr, now you should be able to view images by a particular tag: (URL) (17 years ago, 30-Aug-07, to lugnet.announce)

  United States Capitol finished after 4 years

(URL) Dear LEGO fans, Dominik Gerlach, a 26-year-old AFOL from Germany did it. He has build the United States Capitol with LEGO bricks. I was happy to be able to interview the masterbuilder recently: HoMa: How comes that you had the idea of building (...) (17 years ago, 29-Aug-07, to lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  New MOC: Cub CISM

Another CISM. My next design will be something different...sort of. (URL) Cub CISM> Thanks for looking. Please vote and leave a comment. Bill (17 years ago, 29-Aug-07, to lugnet.announce, FTX)

  Palisades Building event needs you

Hey everyone, There will be a building event this weekend (August 31-Sept 2) at the Palisades LEGO Brand Retail store. The folks at the store are looking for some volunteers to help with the event, most specifically on Sunday night for the break (...) (17 years ago, 28-Aug-07, to lugnet.announce)

  Atlanta Airport Art Project--potential for huge AFOL joint display

Some time ago, I found out that the Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport in Atlanta, GA (one of the two busiest airports in the USA) had something called the "Airport Art Program". This had come about from my working on a large airport MOC that (...) (17 years ago, 27-Aug-07, to lugnet.announce)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact