 Announcements / 3626
Re:Keeping me on a string...By Figueifoto
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce
Date:
Tue, 18 Sep 2007 10:30:54 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

About “Keeping me on a string...”
(http://news.lugnet.com/announce/?n=3615)

The truth must be said, and the real facts have to be spoken.
I do not allow my name to be put in jeopardy when I did everything in the most
honest way possible. If someone was not honest, it wasn’t me.

It is important to say that this “business” started with this webpage:
http://www.maartensteurbaut.net/ForSale.htm

These are the facts that I consider most important, which I will explain below:

1 - I never confirmed that I would do business, to a totally unknown person.

2 – After meeting in person and get to know his changing demands in an arrogant
way, I lost all trust on the seller.

3 – The inventory that he accuses me to force him to do is something that he
always had to do. I never demanded any deadline.

4 –He admits I informed him that I would have to ask a loan to do this business.
This alone proves that I never guaranteed the business would be done until I
assure financial support.

Just wanted to let you all know about this "seller"...

1 - I NEVER confirmed him I would do business, and I told him I would NEVER do
it before meet in person (or someone of my trust) with the seller, due to the
high cost and not having a 3rd party involved (e.g. Bricklink, Ebay, etc).

2 - During our meeting, the way he demanded things HIS WAY that were not made
accordingly with what was agreed previously, made me lost all trust on this
seller.

“I asked him to pay me a little more (which would be discounted from the
grandtotal we agreed on!!!).”
- He DEMANDED me to pay DOUBLE price from the original price he posted on his
announcement (http://www.maartensteurbaut.net/ForSale.htm) and he ONLY SAID THIS
THE MOMENT WE MET.
OBVIOUSLY I “wasn't prepared to do so”; I based my price on the price HE gave! I
didn’t want any discount on the sample I asked: I accepted HIS PRICE on HIS
announcement.

“He asked me to bring a few sample sets from my collection to verify the good
quality of my sets. Unfortunately I didn't get to choose the sample sets:”
- I sent a list with possible sample sets, and from that list the seller could
choose. The list was large enough to have multiple choices, but he still didn’t
want, he DEMANDED the sample to be his own criteria, which I obviously refused.
I am the one that should pick what I want to see when I am buying.

3 - “I sacrificed my entire summer holidays to inventory all sets (using Peeron
and BrickLink-inventories),”
- I have nothing to do with this, when he said he would do this, I answered “do
it in your own time” because this would be something he had to do anyway, either
if he sell by parts or the whole lot to anyone.

4 - “do it in your own time”: I also said this because I didn’t had the
financial possibility to do this deal at the moment, which I explained to him,
and he is the o
ne that confirms that I said it: “He said he had to take a loan from the bank”

Better than my own words please see my Bricklink and Ebay Feedback:
http://www.bricklink.com/feedback.asp?pg=1&u=figueifoto&viewType=shop
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=figueifoto&ftab=AllFeedback&sspagename=STRK:ME:UFS