 Announcements / 3607
3606  |  3608
Subject:
Atlanta Airport Art Project--potential for huge AFOL joint display
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce
Date:
Mon, 27 Aug 2007 15:15:09 GMT

Some time ago, I found out that the Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport in
Atlanta, GA (one of the two busiest airports in the USA) had something called
the "Airport Art Program".  This had come about from my working on a large
airport MOC that could be displayed at the airport. My airport was too large to
display, but something new resulted from this.

The Atlanta Airport Art Program is four large, enclosed display cases, combined
with a Video terminal that can play DVD's.

The Airport Art Program has expressed serious interest in a LEGO-themed display.
With the program having four separate large cases, This is a great opportunity
to put different themes in each case (i.e. Castle, Town/Train, Space.  This
display would probably last around 12 months.

I'm posting this, because, quite simply, If something like this can be done, I
need the help of the larger AFOL community.  I'd like to know who would be
interested in this.  If there are questions, please voice them here, or mail me
directly.

What details I have:
-(4) large display cases, fully enclosed.
each cabinet has (4) 120V AC power outlets on each side of the case (so, 8 total
per case).
-Rough dimensions:  three cases 40 feet long, 8 feet tall, one case 30 feet
long, 8 foot tall.
-Separate video area available with DVD player.

What I am wanting to achieve:
-Timeline of TLG, with examples of product in one case
-Remaining three cases to have an individual theme display (current idea is for
Castle, Town/Train, and Space.

If I get sufficient support, then we'll go to the next level and arrange a date.

Scott Lyttle