 Announcements / 3446 (-20)
  LEGO History CD Owners Who Want to Get Some Rare LEGO Free

I am looking for some LEGO CD owners who belong to LUGs.... or know a lot of LEGO owners... If you own the CD, you are likely not disappointed with its' 1,265 pages. I am looking for a few folks to sell them to their AFOL friends at LUGs and other (...) (18 years ago, 27-Feb-07, to lugnet.announce)

  BrickFest '07 Sessions and Special Events

Hi All, There have been many requests for what's happening at BrickFest '07. So we decided to post a list of Special Events and Sessions (so far). Here they are! SPECIAL EVENTS: • Brick-Master Build off (Hosted by LEGO) Details to be posted soon! • (...) (18 years ago, 27-Feb-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.fun.community, FTX) !

  Build a Suburban House (or homes) for Brickfest

The Town / Train display is putting out the call for Suburban houses to populate the areas outside the city limits. If you haven’t built town MOCs before but want to give this one a try – this is the perfect opportunity as the investment in pieces (...) (18 years ago, 24-Feb-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.town, FTX) !!

  The Yellow Devil

(URL) Rob Kraataclaw is a legend in the Interstellar Snuff Circuit. Rob was once a human, but when he tried to enhance himself with super-strength implants he went insane. Believing himself to be part of an ancient tribe that never even existed the (...) (18 years ago, 23-Feb-07, to lugnet.space, lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  " (needs work)" officially sanctioned by LSC

The LDraw Standards Committee (LSC) has officially sanctioned the use of " (needs work)" in part titles to allow parts to be certified with known problems. Note that this has been used for years now in the library, but many part authors and (...) (18 years ago, 22-Feb-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  New LDraw modeling/animation/POV-Ray tutorial

I'm posting an LDraw modeling/animation/POV-Ray tutorial. In the tutorial, I show how to take an LDraw file, make it animatable, convert it to POV-Ray using Anton Raves' parts library and create an animation from it. I'll try to go over as much (...) (18 years ago, 21-Feb-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce, lugnet.animation, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Reminder: 2007 Steering Committee Nominations closing in a week

Hi folks, As outlined here: (URL) will close in a week, at 11:59 PM GMT on 28 February 2007 and elections will start the 1st of March. Only those candidates that have been nominated, seconded, and have accepted as outlined, will be eligible for (...) (18 years ago, 21-Feb-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce)

  LEGO Factory is looking for an Interactive Web Designer

posted on behalf of the LEGO Factory Team: INTERACTIVE WEB DESIGNER FOR LEGO FACTORY Internet, Design, Technology, Communities, Customization We are looking for an interactive web designer to join our Business Development team at the LEGO HQ in (...) (18 years ago, 21-Feb-07, to lugnet.announce)

  New twist on Moonbase at Brick Bash

There's something new at Brick Bash this year, and we need your help! In keeping with one of the goals of Brick Bash - community involvement and "evangelism" of the hobby - we will be assembling a combination AFOL/public Moonbase complex this year. (...) (18 years ago, 21-Feb-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickbash, FTX)

  LDView 3.1 on Mac OS X!

Hi, everyone. I'm extremely pleased to announce that I've managed to compile (URL) LDView 3.1> on Mac OS X! Previously, I believe only (URL) version 1.0> was publicly available. Allow me to submit this piping-hot screenshot as evidence for your (...) (18 years ago, 19-Feb-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev.mac, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Accountability of "Key Positions": Call for Public Discussion and Consensus

Hi folks, We know that you would prefer reading about new parts updates announcements instead of politics and bureaucratics, but unfortunately those things also have to be done and decided on in order to ensure the smooth running of LDraw.org. As (...) (18 years ago, 18-Feb-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce) !

  BrickJournal Issue 6 is OUT!

The latest issue of BrickJournal is out! (URL) So what's in it? Well, there are event reports from all over, and interviews with Female AFOLS and also with LEGO staff, including Jørgen Vig Knudstorp! It's 124 pages of all the fun and interesting (...) (18 years ago, 16-Feb-07, to lugnet.publish.brickjournal, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, FTX) !!

  Solid gold C-3PO minifigures!

FBTB.net posted pictures and information about LEGO's plans to celebrate Star Wars' 30th anniversary, including having five solid 14-karat gold C-3POs that people can win. (URL) (18 years ago, 15-Feb-07, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general)

  Freebie for LEGO Set/Parts Collectors Guide CD Owners (and orders)

Some of the folks who have ordered my Unofficial LEGO Sets/Parts Collectors Guide, the 1,265 page CD.... have asked if they could have the "freebie" historic LEGO photo collection of Billund LEGO pictures, including the 1985 LEGO Architectural (...) (18 years ago, 15-Feb-07, to lugnet.announce)

  Kellogg's Lego Fruit Flavored Snacks!

Hi all, If you love to eat your Lego, but find that ABS is too bland (unless dipped in chocolate), there's a new product just for you: (URL) Kellogg's Lego Fruit Flavored Snacks> Enjoy Roy (18 years ago, 14-Feb-07, to lugnet.announce, FTX)

  BrickFest™ 2007: Wacky Race

(URL) Portland, Oregon, USA March 30th - April 1st 2007 The Wacky Race is coming to BrickFest™ 2007! This will be the 4th year that competitors have built and crashed their crazy and wacky racers here in the Pacific Northwest and a first for (...) (18 years ago, 13-Feb-07, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, FTX) !!

  6-foot-tall freestanding Chase logo

Hi again, everybody: I'm happy to announce I've just completed my largest sculpture ever. It's, unfortunately, a very plain (boxy) shape, but it was a fun (and blistering) challenge to build nonetheless. (URL) JPMorgan Chase asked me to build this (...) (18 years ago, 12-Feb-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.sculpture, FTX) !

  The Unofficial LEGO Advanced Building Techniques Guide

Hi, (URL) "Télécharger document" , pdf document - 1,7Mb ) Well, almost everything is said in the document introduction. Since I've discovered the community 4 years ago, I feel the need for a compilation of building techniques. More recently, reading (...) (18 years ago, 11-Feb-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.schleim) !!

  10179: Ultimate Collector’s Millennium Falcon™

Hey all, The community team would like to present the new Ultimate Collector's Millennium Falcon. I'm excited to show this off to you all. Below is the official announcement for the set as well as some links to images. I hope you're all as excited (...) (18 years ago, 11-Feb-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.lego, FTX) !!

  Get a glimpse of Legoland Missouri plan

RED Development, city and state officials held an open house today to present the LEGOLAND project and answer questions. I had the chance to drop by the presentation on the way home from work today. I did not have time to stay for the presentation, (...) (18 years ago, 8-Feb-07, to lugnet.legoland, lugnet.loc.us.mo, lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.announce, lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact