 Announcements / 3439
3438  |  3440
Subject:
LEGO Factory is looking for an Interactive Web Designer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce
Date:
Wed, 21 Feb 2007 20:32:49 GMT

posted on behalf of the LEGO Factory Team:

INTERACTIVE WEB DESIGNER FOR LEGO FACTORY

Internet, Design, Technology, Communities, Customization

We are looking for an interactive web designer to join our Business Development
team at the LEGO HQ in Denmark.

The interactive web designer will work across a number of interactive
properties, in the first instance LEGO Factory. LEGO Factory is the LEGO Group's
consumer customization and publishing business. Our objective is to develop this
business to match the expectations of children and adult fans of LEGO in a way
that is both innovative and commercially viable.

RESPONSIBILITY
The purpose of the role is to plan, scope, and implement LEGO Factory from a
creative perspective. Importantly, you will be responsible for the design across
www.LEGOFactory.com, where consumers can design, display, and buy their own or
other consumer's unique LEGO models.
Over time, you will also be involved in other interactive projects in the
business unit, such as the LEGO Digital Designer 3D software application which
plays a key role for LEGO Factory.

The role involves most aspects of creative planning, production, maintenance,
and documentation. You will be involved in the entire business process back to
front, and with the project team ensure a superior end-to-end consumer
experience.
The role has both a creative and commercial focus, encouraging you to
continuously research and come up with new ideas and initiatives to keep the
experience easily accessible and engaging for its users.

CANDIDATE PROFILE
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated team player with a strong
solution-orientation and a deep passion for the consumer. You have a broad based
creative skill set and experience with graphic design and web design, and you
are immersed in the synthesis of design, communication and technology.
You should have a good portfolio of online work, and have an interest beyond
purely the design part of the job.You like to work in an international
environment where a lot of communication is in English.

1 - 3-5 years design experience from digital agency, Internet business,
        or consumer brand, and ideally an academic degree in graphic design.
2 - Talent and passion for graphic design and conceptualisation;
        primarily digital but some offline experience eg in packaging is
        useful.
3 - Deep understanding of digital design and associated issues, proven
        ability in user-centred design and user case scenarios techniques.
4 - Design knowledge of mobile and gaming is a plus.
5 - Expected to be able to front-end build to a certain degree (eg HTML,
        XML, CSS, etc).
6 - Practical understanding of asset management, format and archiving
        issues.
7 - Organised and flexible, and able to think independently whilst
        arriving at solutions jointly with the team.
8 - Precise and a high attention to detail; prepared for high standards
        with limited daily direction.
9 - Really good presentation skills.
10 - Keen to think and work "beyond the brief".

Your design expertise should include UI, Photoshop, Illustrator, and typographic
skills. Your technical knowledge should include HTML and Flash (very good) and
JavaScript, CSS, Actionscript (intermediate). You have a strong interest in
technology trends and developments and understanding of accessibility issues.

APPLICATION INFORMATION
This is an opportunity to be part of our ambitious and creative business
development team at LEGO Group¡¦s head offices in Billund, Denmark. Please mark
your application "Interactive Web Designer" and send it asap with your CV
(resume)to:

productionjobs@europe.lego.com

no later than March 20. If you have any questions please call hiring manager
Helene Venge, at +45 2030 8388.