 Announcements / 310
309  |  311
Subject:
PRESS RELEASE- LEGO Toy Company Propels Imaginations Around the World Into Hyperdrive
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce
Date:
Fri, 3 Sep 1999 00:43:46 GMT

Howdy gang,

Got this is my email box today and had not seen anobody else post it
yet......Happy Building!!!!

Chet

PS- What I find most interesting is the mention of "adults" for the first time.

------------------------------------------------------*

LEGO Toy Company Propels Imaginations Around the World Into Hyperdrive

Kids - and Now Adults - Entering LEGO(R) Star Wars Galactic Challenge

Building Contest Through December 31

ENFIELD, Conn., Sept. 2 /PRNewswire/ -- The search is on for the "Most
Imaginative LEGO Builder in the Galaxy!"  Kids -- and for the first time adults
-- are using their imaginations to design and build their visions of future
inventions.  The concept is to create a LEGO model that will improve life on
Earth or in another galaxy in the next Millennium.

( Photo:  http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/19990902/NETH001 )

Contestants have until December 31, 1999 to send in their entries, but many are
putting the finishing touches on their creations as they head back to school.
"I call my model a 'Space Transport Station,'" says 10-year-old Mike Anderson.
"It's going to be used for space ships to be transported to other planets."

Adults are also getting a chance to enter the LEGO building contest. "Actually,
after my son goes back to school is when I can begin building my entry," says
32-year-old self-confessed LEGO Maniac Rick Warren.  The contest is broken into
three age categories -- 5-10, 11-16 and 17+.

The National Finals take place in New York City in April 2000 for a chance to
complete in the World Championship at LEGOLAND(R) California in September 2000.
The Grand Prize is a family trip to LEGO headquarters in Denmark to participate
in behind-the-scenes development of new LEGO Star Wars toys. Winners will also
receive a life-size LEGO model of their favorite Star Wars character --
autographed by George Lucas.  The adult category Grand Prize is a life-size
LEGO
Star Wars model of the winner's choice signed by Lucas.

Kids enter the contest by sending in description and picture of their creation,
along with an official entry form.  Adults enter by sending in a picture of
their model with an entry form (no description required).  Entries are
available
at participating toy retailers throughout the country.  For more information,
visit www.lego.com.

SOURCE  LEGO Systems, Inc.