 Announcements / 2770
  LDraw on G4TechTV Screen Savers

Next week, I'm following in Steve Hassenplug's footsteps and making an appearance on G4TechTV's Screen Savers, where I will show cool stuff that can be done with LDraw. I'm planning to show some of my custom building instructions, rendered posters (...) (20 years ago, 1-Dec-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.people) !!

  Re: LDraw on G4TechTV Screen Savers

Hope someone can tape this and post an mpg!! Corey (20 years ago, 2-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw on G4TechTV Screen Savers

(...) Mm, love my TiVo. High resolution, next-generation Tim. Set phasers on "sweat," Mr. Chekhov! (20 years ago, 2-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw on G4TechTV Screen Savers

(...) Say hi to Leo Leport. Screen savers is a pretty cool show. I've watched when I could since the old ZDTV / TechTV days. Recently I've noticed a lot of changes with hosts. The format always seems inviting to guests. Should be great fun. (20 years ago, 2-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw on G4TechTV Screen Savers

(...) Sadly, Leo isn't part of the show anymore. I think they are still airing his 30-second tips, but they are recorded in advance. Now he hosts Call for Help on G4TechTV Canada. Silly Canadians get all the best TV hosts. I remember Leo made (...) (20 years ago, 4-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw on G4TechTV Screen Savers

(...) Kelly, would you please do so for us and host that file somewhere...? I for one would love to see what James and I have created while it is being broadcast! ;-) If you don't have the space to host it somewhere then please let me know, we'll (...) (20 years ago, 6-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw on G4TechTV Screen Savers

(...) -snippage- I have it from a reliable source that this animation will be QUITE spacey!! (...) (URL) Admiral Giddens <>< (URL) PCS 4eva!. (URL) (20 years ago, 6-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: LDraw on G4TechTV Screen Savers

(...) Apologies for the lack of serious .space -- stay tuned and it will be online soon! -Tim (20 years ago, 7-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: LDraw on G4TechTV Screen Savers

Tim - good segment! I liked the animations they showed before the break, and in the background during your interview. Well played! James Wilson Dallas, TX (20 years ago, 7-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw on G4TechTV Screen Savers

(...) I caught the broadcast last night. The Screen Savers used to be one of my favorite shows before it went “Hollywood”. I still try to watch it every night but lat night I wanted to make sure I did not miss your segment. I wish you would have (...) (20 years ago, 7-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw on G4TechTV Screen Savers

Awesome segment, Tim! I have one question...how'd y'all make those animations? They're awesome!!! Is that something your book shows how to do? Or blender or something like that? -Stefan- (20 years ago, 7-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw on G4TechTV Screen Savers

(...) Hey Stefan - Good seeing you again at Cantigny this weekend. The animations were made by Anton Raves and James Reynolds in POV-Ray using his libraries. There's actually little-to-no LDraw connection at all (but it is virtual LEGO by (...) (20 years ago, 7-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw on G4TechTV Screen Savers

Is there a schedule anywhere that migt list when this might re-air? -Kyle (...) (20 years ago, 7-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw on G4TechTV Screen Savers

(...) Try www.thescreensavers.com - they used to have episode schedules, and when they'd re-air. There's a link to some animations (didn't look yet) and (URL) Minutes With Tim Courtney> James Wilson Dallas, TX (20 years ago, 7-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: LDraw on G4TechTV Screen Savers

Hey! My program's been shown on TV now. I feel so fulfilled ;-). Well, maybe not quite, but it was still nice to see. Nice job on the segment, Tim. I don't think I would have thought to use wireframe cutaway to show both wireframe and solid. (...) (20 years ago, 8-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw on G4TechTV Screen Savers

(...) Thanks. I've been playing with the half-cutaway like that for a while, I think it gives a really cool effect...but it's more pronounced on smaller models like car.dat or even the Orbisphere. With as many pieces as the crane, you don't get the (...) (20 years ago, 8-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad)