 Announcements / 2661 (-20)
  Sleepers and Talent Brainstorm Invitation

Per my announcements at BrickFest DC, here is a follow up regarding the brainstorming sessions that were postponed. Your ideas and explorations are wanted regarding these two questions: 1. How can we--the LEGO community--at both the club and/or (...) (20 years ago, 18-Aug-04, to lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org, lugnet.announce)

  LEGO Inside Tour

Over the last few years, we’ve had more and more fans from around the world ask us about getting tours of LEGO Billund. It seems that more and more AFOLs want to take the trip to the source of the brick! In order to make this a reality, the (...) (20 years ago, 17-Aug-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.announce, lugnet.legoland, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  BIP Blog - Change of focus

As many of you know, I've been running a (URL) on the (URL) Building Instructions Portal > site for some time now. Intially, the focus on the blog was just anything LEGO related. Over the years, I get many questions about what happens inside the (...) (20 years ago, 17-Aug-04, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX) !

  My Own Train - Special Offer

In celebration of BrickFest, Shop At Home North American has asked me to extend a special offer to the AFOLs. They are offering specials on the My Own Train (MOT) cars: Buy one or more kit and get 20% off 10013 - Open Freight Wagon 10014 - Caboose (...) (20 years ago, 17-Aug-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Competitive MINDSTORMS: Now in a store near you!

After more than a year since its conception, I am proud to announce the completion and publication of Competitive MINDSTORMS: A Complete Guide to Robotic Sumo Using LEGO MINDSTORMS. As many in the LUGNET community know, there have been many good (...) (20 years ago, 17-Aug-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.robotics)

  Calling All Presenters - Help Make NWBrickCon™ 2004 Great!!

Call for Presentations at NWBrickCon™ 2004 Some of the many activities at NWBrickCon™ 2004 will be opportunities to share your knowledge and experiences, and to learn from each other. So, we would like to open an invitation to all individuals, (...) (20 years ago, 17-Aug-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.org.us.smart, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.castle, lugnet.loc.us.wa, lugnet.loc.us.id, lugnet.loc.us.or, lugnet.loc.ca.bc, FTX) !!

  BLASTERMAN

Y’know why I like Jeff Blasterman…? …’cause he’s smart and innovative! The problem was self-evident to us all. Here’s a perfect recent example: (URL) Keith Goldman’s comment:" “lego-bows are almost useless, it always looks like the fig is offering (...) (20 years ago, 15-Aug-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.castle.ninja, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.build, lugnet.lego, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.people, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  New BBB parts

I'm very pleased to announce two new BBB train wheels available now A small spoked train wheel, similar in size to the existing 9v train wheel A large blind drive wheel that works with the existing BBB flanged Driver. With these new wheels, you can (...) (20 years ago, 15-Aug-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.announce, lugnet.parts.custom, FTX) !!

  John Kerry Mosaic

I was inspired to make this after attending the John Kerry rally in Las Vegas on August 10, 2004. (URL) (20 years ago, 14-Aug-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.mosaic) !!

  Instructions for all my 40 MINI Models now available!

Hello dear fellows! I hereby report that I have completed instructions for all 40 MINI models I have designed until now. They are uploaded into this BrickShelf gallery: (URL) Take care & have fun building! Chris (20 years ago, 11-Aug-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, lugnet.build.microscale, FTX) !!

  Secret A Bot

Recently I saw an announcement of some bots made with the 4097 designerset. That reminds me of this alternate 4097 bot I made a little while ago.... (URL) Secret A Bot: 'Will you let me do my own story now please!! That you put me in some bad (...) (20 years ago, 11-Aug-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.space, FTX)

  BrickCast 2004 Live Webcast from Washington DC

Hi folks, Please join us at BrickFest 2004 in Washington DC via live network webcast: (URL) make it to BF this year? Get in a comfy chair, bring a suitable beverage and boot up your PC for our webcast of the opening, keynote and closing sessions. (...) (20 years ago, 11-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto) !

  July's Winners for LDraw.org's MOTM and SOTM Contests

Congratulations to the winners of the July Model/Scene of the month contests: (URL) MOTM, Jorgen Andersson, SJ Class Rc4 Locomotive> (URL) SOTM, John Haynes, Missle Launce> The voting for the August Model of the Month and Scene of the Month contests (...) (20 years ago, 6-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  G.I. Joe Lego...not just for canuck breakfasts anymore...

Greetings! As announced a couple weeks ago, B.I. Joe now has a new home in it's own digs. Part of the site revamp was to offer a slightly gussied up thumb w/links 'Recruits' gallery for all other revealed or closet Joe builders out there. A couple (...) (20 years ago, 5-Aug-04, to lugnet.build.military, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  Adventurers Newsgroup Overhaul

The Adventurers newsgroup has been updated with more links to MOC galleries and inspiration. Feel free to look in and post any suggestions you may have. (URL) Adventurers Newsgroup> Thanks. Chris (20 years ago, 4-Aug-04, to lugnet.announce, FTX)

  NWBrickCon Is Coming Soon

It is my pleasure to announce NWBrickCon 2004. This fan-based event will be held Halloween weekend (October 29-31, 2004) in the Great Northwest (Seattle area). This amazing event will be three days of : Fellowship - Meet with other AFOLs from (...) (20 years ago, 3-Aug-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.org.us.smart, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.castle, lugnet.loc.us.wa, lugnet.loc.us.id, lugnet.loc.us.or, lugnet.loc.ca.bc, FTX) !!

  NYCLUG -- NEXT MEETING August 28 or 29 on Staten Island!

Join us! Due to security concerns we won't be able to head to our usual spot... so now, Plan B: The next NYCLUG meeting will be at Sid's house on Staten Island! Tentative dates are August 28 or 29 (Saturday or Sunday), beginning around noon and (...) (20 years ago, 2-Aug-04, to lugnet.announce, FTX)

  Announcing “Seven Swords of Glendur” @ BrickFest 2004

I hereby challenge players to an adventure game, "Seven Swords of Glendur ". "Seven Swords of Glendur " is an adventure game set in modern times where the player is visiting a castle that is open to the public in a controlled setting like Leeds (...) (20 years ago, 1-Aug-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.castle)

  The Lego Classic Room at BrickFest

Come one, come all...to the greatest brick festival ever. For those of you who have attended BrickFest in the past, you'll remember all of the wonderful things you learn and the marvelous creations people come up with. For those coming for the first (...) (20 years ago, 30-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.events, lugnet.announce) !

  Re: AFOLs Comic book distribution @ BrickFest 2004

Previously, in lugnet.events.brickfest, Christina Hitchcock wrote about the AFOL Comic that will be distributed at BrickFest. Here is some more information: We're very oversubscribed, there is a lot of interest, which is really great. Jake has (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.org, lugnet.people.newbie, lugnet.publish, FTX) !!

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact