 Announcements / 2661
2660  |  2662
Subject:
Sleepers and Talent Brainstorm Invitation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org, lugnet.announce
Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 2004 03:47:15 GMT

Per my announcements at BrickFest DC, here is a follow up regarding the
brainstorming sessions that were postponed.

Your ideas and explorations are wanted regarding these two questions:

1.  How can we--the LEGO community--at both the club and/or individual level
attract LEGO fans that we have labeled "sleepers?"  In other words, there are
talented LEGO builders and fans just on the periphery of our community, but for
some reason they are not aware of us.  What can we do to make ourselves more
apparent to them?  Sleepers will be defined as any serious LEGO fans that are
not presently aware of, or part of our community.  A good example of this was
the person who appeared on a popular home improvement show who was an extreme
fan, but was not aware of "us."

2.  How can we better tap the talents and resources of our existing communities?
There are many initiatives ranging from organizing events, to defining building
standards, to serving as ambassadors to newcomers.  The needs are huge…but how
do we tap into your talents or the combined power of your organization?

As is the spirit of any brainstorm and ideation session, please list your ideas
here in any form you please and think as "barrier-free" as possible.  If
necessary, add a phrase to clarify your idea.

Please post your responses to LUGNET.PEOPLE or send me your feedback directly.

Now the courtesy guideline:  PLEASE DO NOT CRITICIZE items on anyone's list
until the brainstorm session is complete.  At the conclusion of the open
brainstorming session which will end next Tuesday night (August 24th, 2004) at
midnight Pacific, I will post the guidelines for us to prioritize the ideas
received and/or to assess the feasibility.

To seed your minds, I will create a brainstorm list immediately following this
post to serve as an example.

Thanks,
Ashley Glennon
LUGNET Member #90