 Announcements / 2521 (-20)
  Jake did good Thanks!!

It's past time to get beyond debating the "why" of the color change (and especially haranguing Jake about it). I don't see any reason not to take Jake and the TLC at their word that the new colors work better with the core market at point of sale: (...) (20 years ago, 5-May-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  Color Change - Final Update

You’d think I would have learned my lesson by now about the color change and just taken refuge in a concrete bunker. Nope, not that bright I think! I come to you with a final update, and some good news, as well as bad. Bad news first – After much (...) (20 years ago, 5-May-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.lego) !!

  Risque images at Legoland

Hey everybody! For those of you that are in the San Diego area, Channel 8 news is doing a bit about the "risque" scenes in Legolands Miniland. I am not sure if this is an off-shoot of the story that appeared in the San Diego Union Tribune a few (...) (20 years ago, 3-May-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.announce) !

  BrickFest™ Registration now online

BrickFest™ Registration form is now available via the website. BrickFest 2004 August 13-15th Washington, DC (URL) Registration will be a bit different this year. If you registered and attended BrickFest PDX, your account may already be set up. If (...) (20 years ago, 3-May-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.games, lugnet.org, lugnet.people, lugnet.build.schleim) !!

  April Model and Scene of the Month Contest Winners

Congratulations to the winners of the March Model/Scene of the Month contests: (URL) MOTM, Jorgen Andersson, Volkswagen Typ 82 "Kübelwagen"> (URL) SOTM, Robert Leahey, Perspectives 2 - Making Orbit> Voting for May's contests in is now open This (...) (20 years ago, 2-May-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  Igor Last Quest (or my entry for the Booby Trap Contest)

Some said a picture worth 1000 words... so I ask and how much a movie worth :) (URL) Enjoy! P.S. I forgat to mantioned that this is for the Booby Trap contest for CC:) Yaron "Webrain" Dori (20 years ago, 2-May-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.robotics.rcx, FTX) !!

  Pictures from SCLTC at Fullerton 2004!

(9 URLs) Pictures of SCLTC's latest show are now available! Our club is displaying at the Fullerton Railroad Days event from May 1-2, 2004, held at the Amtrak Train Station in Fullerton, CA. Follow this link for the photo gallery: (URL). Our show is (...) (20 years ago, 2-May-04, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  Minifig Hall of Fame Winner : Yellow Castle Knight Blue

Hi all! This is to announce that the winner of the April-May 2004 election for the Minifig Hall of Fame is Yellow Castle Knight Blue. He finished in front of Ghost who will be in the next election's second round. Visit www.minifigville.com/mhof to (...) (20 years ago, 2-May-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.general, lugnet.fun, lugnet.announce)

  CC2: discus, Hammerhead the CD thrower

Here is the write-up about (URL), the CD thrower which won (URL) CONTEST # 2: Discus>, with shooting distance of 20 feet. (URL) You will find (URL) there> detail images, movies... Thanks to the LEGO Mindstorms Forum team who organized this contest, (...) (20 years ago, 1-May-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Announcing the Fleebnork.com Civilian Space MOC contest!

Hi Everyone! After Jon Palmer's successful P38 contest, I have decided to run one of my own. I am resurrecting a contest some of you may recall from Mark's Lego Creations about 4 years ago. (URL) The Civilian MOC contest! The rules are simple: You (...) (20 years ago, 30-Apr-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.space, FTX) !!

  Coupe/ Cabrio car

Hi! After a long time I'm able to present a new technic car: (URL) I tried to put as many cool features in this car I possibly could do. Some specs: - All wheeldrive with a double wishbone suspensionsystem - V 12 engine and a 'normal' 5+1 speed (...) (20 years ago, 30-Apr-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.technic)

  SCLTC at Fullerton Railroad Days 2004

The (URL) Southern California LEGO Train Club> (SCLTC) returns to Fullerton Railroad Days this coming weekend with its first new layout of 2004. Items appearing for the first time: An automated light rail system A brand new town area Area 51 A new (...) (20 years ago, 30-Apr-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.town, lugnet.org.us.lugola, FTX) !

  LDraw.org Steering Committee Election Open

The LDraw.org Steering Committee election is now open. To vote, please visit (URL) and log in with your user account. Next, visit the announcement on LDraw.org here: (URL) the Ballot link. You may vote for up to five candidates. Please cast only one (...) (20 years ago, 30-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce) !!

  Lego in a government fraud article

I was doing my daily scan of news stories when I came across the following article: "Government Credit Card Abuses Detailed" So I took a read. Lo and behold, in the bottom, look what I found: In another instance $200 of LEGO toy robots were bought (...) (20 years ago, 30-Apr-04, to lugnet.announce, FTX)

  Guide to Jade Empire

I put this together to help out those people who may be wondering just what exactly this whole Jade Empire business is all about. If anyone else has anything to contribute, please feel free to post! Some time ago on Lugnet (and in chat conversations (...) (20 years ago, 29-Apr-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  www.malug.hu --- LEGO User Group in Hungary

(URL) Hi there, Akos form the Hungarian LEGO User Group asked my to post his annouce here at lugnet. So here we go: ***...*** We are pleased to announce the formation of MALUG, the de facto LUG for Hungary! Our website can be found here: (URL) Be (...) (20 years ago, 29-Apr-04, to lugnet.announce, FTX)

  The GeeBee is Ready. [Image Heavy]

Hey all, I got tired of responding to myself for updates ((URL)), so I'll start a new thread for the good stuff. A bit of a late update, but what can I say? I'm just finishing up :) Pictures: (URL) The front. I like the little engine details; the (...) (20 years ago, 29-Apr-04, to lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  disk failure

The LUGNET production server (still the older server, hosted at Pair Networks) suffered a disk failure today at what appears to be, according to the logs, 11:30am EST. The disk has been replaced, data restored, and we seem to be set back about 8 (...) (20 years ago, 28-Apr-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.announce) !!

  New Haute Couture Spring/Summer 2004 Collection

Dear Ladys, Holly Wood, your favorite fashion designer, proudly presents its new female runway spring/summer collection 2004. (URL) As usual we have put our attention to a clean line, exclusive fabrics, exceptional attention to detail and a subtle (...) (20 years ago, 28-Apr-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  BrickParts will be having a new owner

Hi Everyone! Just to let everyone know, BrickParts will soon have a new owner! ;*( Yes, after three and a half years I am selling my business and will be consentrating full time on my career. I want to thank eveyone who has done business with me. (...) (20 years ago, 28-Apr-04, to lugnet.announce)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact