 Announcements / 2386 (-20)
  Lego on The Motley Fool

Lego was written up by The Motley Fool today after they posted a $230 million loss for 2003, blaming "ill-conceived strategic moves to sell toys based on popular films and books." (URL) (21 years ago, 23-Jan-04, to lugnet.announce)

  Brickfest PDX minifig sigfig update and call to arms

Hi all. As the magical date grows closer and closer, the anticipation grows with it. From everything I've seen, this is shaping up to be a monumental event. I can't wait to get there. As a lot of you already know, I am hosting a minifig roundtable (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jan-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  BrickFest PDX Advance Registration ends Jan 30th.

January, 30th is the last day of Advanced Registration for BrickFest PDX! (URL) PDX.BrickFest.com > What is it? (URL) BrickFest! > Where is it this time? The (URL) Oregon Convention center> in beautiful Portland Oregon When is it? February 13-15th (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.fun.community, FTX) !!

  Re: MichLUG to display at the Great American Train Show in Novi, MI

Correction: the show will be on Jan 24th & 25th (this weekend.) (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org, FTX)

  MichLUG to display at the Great American Train Show in Novi, MI

This will be MichLTC's 4th year displaying at the Great American Train show in Novi, MI. We frequently pull out all the stops for this show and this year is no exception. Looks for many new creations. We will have multiple drop sections, 3 9v train (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org)

  Timed ISD Team Build at BrickFest PDX 2004

Timed ISD Team Build at BrickFest PDX 2004 Are you ready to rumble? It's time to break that world record once again and at what better place than at a world class LEGO® fan organize event like BrickFest PDX 2004! With Adult Fans of LEGO® (AFOL) (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, FTX) !!

  Festival of the Moon: the PDX Classic-Castle Event

Come One and Come All! Lord Marshal Leonhart of Tallahia invites you to the Festival of the Moon, to be held at Brickfest PDX. Merchants and Artisans will be temporarily relocating their shops and houses to Portland for what may be the largest (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jan-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX) !!

  New Star Wars Mini - B wing fighter

So I finally decided to try my hand at a MINI MOC. This is my first attempt at a MINI. PLMKWYT. (BTW, I tried to upload the LDraw file, but it doesn't seem to be in the folder. If you would like it, drop me an email. You will need to get part 47398 (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jan-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Commemorative BrickFest PDX 2004 OCC Model

BrickFest PDX 2004 Commemorative Oregon Convention Center model To celebrate the BrickFest PDX 2004 event, we are pleased to announce the availability of a 66-piece display model of the Oregon Convention Center. This model features the OCC in (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jan-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.general, lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.org, lugnet.build, lugnet.people, FTX) !!

  LEGO, Mars, Caltech

For this Caltech alum who works a few blocks from the campus, builds LEGO all the time, and has followed the space program since our rockets only knew how to explode, the sun and the moon and the stars have aligned: (URL) -Ted Michon (21 years ago, 19-Jan-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.space, FTX)

  SCLTC final two weeks at SDMRRM and more photos

SCLTC is entering it's final two weeks at the San Diego Model Railroad Museum. This show is a record breaker for SCLTC totalling 70 days of operation -- more days than all previous SCLTC events combined -- and upwards of 40,000 visitors! (We've been (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jan-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, FTX)

  BrickFest PDX 2004 Mosaic Event

BrickFest PDX 2004 Mosaic Event BrickFest PDX attendees will witness an attempt at an admirably audacious affair--the on-site construction of a huge LEGO mosaic built out of 1x1 LEGO plates. And everyone's invited to help--or even compete! That's (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jan-04, to lugnet.build.mosaic, lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  BrickFest PDX 2004 - Where are you coming from? (01.17.04)

Want to know "Where in the World" your fellow "LEGO Maniac" colleagues are coming from for BrickFest PDX 2004? Take a look at the spectacular representation of attendees from all over the world! Australia: Victoria: Chadstone, Melbourne Canada: (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jan-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.general, lugnet.org, lugnet.org.ca, lugnet.org.us, FTX) !!

  New MOC: Market Building 'De Korenbeurs'

At Groningen, The Netherlands, in the 1880's a spacious building was erected to house the local exchange market for grains. The building was soon to be known as 'De Korenbeurs' (The Grain Exchange). As grain commerce gradually disappeared from the (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jan-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.announce, lugnet.town, lugnet.build.contests, FTX) !!

  NYCLUG... moving right along!

Folks: Two things to announce. First: I'll soon be registering our domain name... it'll either be a .com or a .org. Second: Jake McKee of the Lego Company has wished us well on our endeavor, and has offered to send over an Event Kit! This will (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jan-04, to lugnet.announce, FTX)

  Find a Ride / Roommate for BrickFest PDX 2004

I’d like to let you know about the newest feature on the web site, "Find a Ride / Roommate" for BrickFest PDX. It is linked from both the registered participants “My Account” page (URL) or by going to the PDX web site. Selecting the purple ”Travel (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community) !

  Auctions at BrickFest PDX 2004

Ready to get some deals? Have some surplus LEGO you need to unload? Remember the excitement of your last great find? It is getting dusty on your shelf now - time to pass it along! Put it in the auction to be held at (URL) BrickFest PDX 2004>! We (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jan-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.loc.us.or, lugnet.loc.us.wa, lugnet.loc.ca.bc, FTX) !!

  (canceled)

  Call for Space Volunteers for BrickFest PDX...

Hi all, I'm looking for a few people to help me out in the Space area at BrickFest PDX. I'll be watching over the area constantly, but I will need people to man up to two activites during the fest. Both will require that building be going on, and (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jan-04, to lugnet.announce) !

  BrickFest PDX 2004 - some serious train builders are going...

Hi Fellow Train-heads, At BrickFest PDX 2004 there is going to be a who's who of train builders! (foot in mouth list...) Holger Matthes and Ben Beneke(FGLTC) from Germany, James Mathis, (Mr 8 Wide) John Neal(TCLTC), John Gerlach(GMLTC), Rob (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.trains) !

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact