 Announcements / 1796
    NWBrickCon in the news —Mark Sandlin
   Hi Everyone, Just wanted to share our 15 minutes of fame. (URL) (22 years ago, 4-Oct-02, to lugnet.announce) !

        Re: NWBrickCon in the news —Benjamin Medinets
     (...) in the article it mentions David Schilling and Waterloo, Ontario (where Dave graduated from). Just thought I would x-post this here. I am sure that it will be nearly impossible for most if any of our members will be attending. Looks like it (...) (22 years ago, 5-Oct-02, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

         Re: NWBrickCon in the news —David Koudys
     (...) This article also says that LEGO bricks were not sold in the US until '73... Is this true? I did not know that. One of the *many* reasons I love being Canadian. My mom has a pic of me pre 1970 at Christmas, sitting beside a LEGO set my brother (...) (22 years ago, 5-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

         Re: NWBrickCon in the news —Larry Pieniazek
      (...) Yes. I too (as David S does) once in a while indulge in a little one upmanship, since I lived in Ontario for 1.5 years, my earliest bricks are vintage 1967, obtained at the Simpson Sears. One of the many reasons I loved living in Canada for a (...) (22 years ago, 6-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

         Re: NWBrickCon in the news —John Gerlach
     (...) I received my first LEGO set for my 3rd birthday, that was 1965. LEGO sets were being imported by Samsonite back then - LEGO the company started their U.S. operations around 1973, perhaps that's what the article was refering to. Great article, (...) (22 years ago, 6-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: NWBrickCon in the news —Kevin Loch
   (...) Note to self: Never invite mainstream, non-techie press to an AFOL club meeting or event. KL (22 years ago, 6-Oct-02, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon)

        Re: NWBrickCon in the news —James Brown
   (...) Yeah, that article isn't exactly complimentary, although she does get less "gosh aren't they cute" towards the end. But not all press is created equal, here's a shot that appeared in the local paper for the train show NALUG won first place at (...) (22 years ago, 6-Oct-02, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon)

        Re: NWBrickCon in the news —Tommy Armstrong
     I really thought it was a reasonably written article for the lifestyle section of a major newspaper. Ms. Phinney was not really condescending (which many reporters tend to be) and I will bet that the article did far more good than harm. And that is (...) (22 years ago, 6-Oct-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

        Re: NWBrickCon in the news —William R. Ward
   (...) Well, we had a couple of very positive articles about BayLUG last spring. The San Jose Mercury and the Fremont Argus both sent reporters to our meeting, and they both wrote very nice, long articles with pictures and everything. They got picked (...) (22 years ago, 7-Oct-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)