 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 5465
Re: NWBrickCon in the news
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 5 Oct 2002 13:28:41 GMT

In lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, Benjamin Medinets writes:
In lugnet.announce, Mark Sandlin writes:
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to share our 15 minutes of fame.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/lifestyle/89685_lego04.shtml

~GAMH

in the article it mentions David Schilling and Waterloo, Ontario (where
Dave graduated from).

Just thought I would x-post this here.  I am sure that it will be nearly
impossible for most if any of our members will be attending.  Looks like
it will be a nice event, though.

Thanks,

Ben

This article also says that LEGO bricks were not sold in the US until '73...

Is this true?

I did not know that.

One of the *many* reasons I love being Canadian.

My mom has a pic of me pre 1970 at Christmas, sitting beside a LEGO set my
brother just got--I'll have to find it sometime.  I was around 2 at the
time, so I know it wasn't for me.

All my life I just assumed that if LEGO was sold here, that it was sold down
south.

Wow, you really do learn something new every day.

Oh, to impart a little more knowledge, they used to manufacture LEGO bricks
in Stratford, Ontario, at the Samsonite company.  I had a tour of the plant
around 1984ish--I saw a mould for 2x4 bricks, really sweet (I also saw how
they made luggage, but that was less impressive to me).

Dave K.