 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 5467
Re: NWBrickCon in the news
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 6 Oct 2002 16:15:59 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, David Koudys writes:

This article also says that LEGO bricks were not sold in the US until '73...

Is this true?

Yes. I too (as David S does) once in a while indulge in a little one
upmanship, since I lived in Ontario for 1.5 years, my earliest bricks are
vintage 1967, obtained at the Simpson Sears.

One of the many reasons I loved living in Canada for a little while...

Oh, to impart a little more knowledge, they used to manufacture LEGO bricks
in Stratford, Ontario, at the Samsonite company.  I had a tour of the plant
around 1984ish--I saw a mould for 2x4 bricks, really sweet (I also saw how
they made luggage, but that was less impressive to me).

Cool!