 Announcements / *1232 (-20)
  Pokemon Lego sculpture

I built these models a couple of months ago, but I've been dragging my feet about getting pictures on the web. However, I brought them to the BayLUG meeting this past weekend, and as a result pictures of them have made it onto the club website. To (...) (23 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.org.us.baylug) !

  New Sculpture/Mosaic: Cleveland Indians Mascot

Right on the heels of Eric H.'s latest sculpture (and my Maven espionage plane as well)comes my latest little work, a mosaic of Chief Wahoo, the Cleveland Indians Mascot, in honor of the 100th year of the team's existance as a franchise. (URL) (23 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general) !!

  LEGO DNA Sculpture

A while back a number of 'mathematically inclined' LEGO models were posted and generated a lot of interest. Here's my contribution to such a theme: (URL) ---...--- Eric Harshbarger / eric@ericharshbarger.org / www.ericharshbarger.org "Oh please, if (...) (23 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build) !!

  More new pics of 2001 stuff

J.T. Puffins has a bunch of pictures and prices for sets scheduled for release in the upcoming months. Check this out: (URL) Harry Potter section is empty at the moment, but there are pictures and prices of 8 new dinosaur sets, 5 new racers sets (...) (23 years ago, 2-Apr-01, to lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.announce) !!

  LDraw MOTM winner for April 2001

Well here it is, April Fools day, and I have to announce a winner to a contest. Sounds like a setup, doesn't it? But all joking aside, the winner for this month is Brad Hamilton. This is Brad's second win with his awesome architecture. Way to go (...) (23 years ago, 1-Apr-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw) !

  New MOC: Giant Spaceplane!

My spaceplane (which some of you may have been following in my Brickshelf folder) is complete! A full 110 studs wide and as long, this spaceplane is chock full of details. Well, I'll let the pictures speak for themselves: (URL) Lambrecht (...) (23 years ago, 1-Apr-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build)

  BrickDreams - An Informal Site Survey

The purpose of this survey is to assess what other AFOLs would like to see on the BrickDreams site. BrickDreams has been incredibly successful, with over 1000 first-time visitors in the first week, and I would like some community guidance before I (...) (23 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.announce)

  US S@H Specials, Mar 27 - Apr 3, 2001

(URL) ChooChoo Train $19.99 $10.00 2864 Animal Friends $11.99 $ 6.00 System 5976 River Expedition $49.99 $25.00 Scala 3132 Emma Doll $ 7.99 $ 4.00 Bellville 5387 Beach Accessories $ 2.99 $ 1.50 Technic 8245 Robot's Revenge $29.99 $10.00 8521 Flare (...) (23 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.announce.lsahs, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Lego accessories for the photographer

Some of you may remember PanoBot, a Lego robotized panoramic head (Cool Lego Site of the week December 17–23, 2000) ... here are new avatars of Lego accessories for the photographer: A turntable for VR-object shooting (animation of a rotating (...) (23 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.robotics)

  next BayLUG meeting

I would like to remind everyone about the next BayLUG meeting. We will be back at the Fukaya room at the Fremont library, on March 31, from 10-4. For more info, check out the BayLUG homepage at (2 URLs) for maps/directions... Russell Clark, (...) (23 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.events, lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  MOC 1966 Chevelle

I've finally posted pictures of my chevelle on Brickself. (URL) features: Technic V-8 engine with rotating fan, belt driven alternator and power steering pump. Dual exhaust. Full working suspension and steering. Tilt front hood. Reclining seats. (...) (23 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.announce) !

  New: Stickfig-scale mecha wallpaper

Hey all, I have just put some finishing touches on this site, and I feel that it is ready for prime-time. It is my pleasure to announce my Stickfig-scale mecha wallpaper: (URL) for your perusal are three wallpaper-sized images depicting some of my (...) (23 years ago, 27-Mar-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space) !!

  BrickDreams Update: Scene #8 Released

After several false starts and *60 hours* of render time, BrickDreams Scene #8 is finally finished. IMO it is my best one yet. Also, all of the other scenes on BrickDreams have been "re-mastered" from the original tiff file, and are now available on (...) (23 years ago, 27-Mar-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.cad.ray) !

  Town Building Contest - Special Category results

Here's a partial listing of the special category results for the contest. It turned out to be a very time consuming job doing the judging, so not every special category has a result. If I get more in later, I will post them. The contest home page is (...) (23 years ago, 27-Mar-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.town, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  April MOTM voting

Whoa! Almost spaced it! But here they are, pick and choose wisely.... (URL) Terry K -- (23 years ago, 27-Mar-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  BLAST debut

Hello everyone, I am posting my very first message to Lugnet in order to debut my Lego website called B.L.A.S.T. (Bureau of Lego Armed Services Technology). I created B.L.A.S.T. to showcases my various original Lego creations based on a futuristic (...) (23 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space)

  April Fools Day is coming

To All, Warning: April Fools Day is one week away. That means you should expect to be fooled by someone on April 1 (Sunday). Be prepared. And keep in mind that the Internet spans 24 time zones; a post made by someone early in the morning in their (...) (23 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.people, lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.announce) !!

  Calling it Quits

After much consideration, I've decided to call it quits. Perhaps it's just old age, or maybe I'm just losing interest. Regardless, I've decided to sell off my collection. I really want to thank everyone for all their support. LEGO has brought me (...) (23 years ago, 25-Mar-01, to lugnet.announce) !!

  Newsgroup for Harry Potter!

A new newsgroup for LEGO®/Harry Potter® has been created. CHARTER/PURPOSE ===...=== -> lugnet.harrypotter (group): LEGO®/Harry Potter®: products (information, opinions, reviews, licensing issues, etc.); building (settings, contexts, characters, (...) (23 years ago, 25-Mar-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.harrypotter)

  Hyperion is complete

Our newest addition to the fleet has been completed. Please take a look at it's Unclassified Databank. It's I.E. 5 only (sorry non i.e. browsers (1)). This is my first try at (homemade) dynamic html and javascript. (Watch the back button) Please (...) (23 years ago, 24-Mar-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.announce) !!

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact