 Adventurers / 979
Re: Velociraptor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Fri, 7 Jul 2000 18:30:04 GMT

I think they should've made the dinosaurs with more interchangeable parts so
that you could switch heads, lengthen necks, etc.  Then you could've adapted
your way to whatever dinosaur you wanted.  (to some degree I think that's what
they do in real life.  Have you ever seen how much dinosaur parts they
actually find, compared to what they put in the museum?  It's uncanny.)

Your skeptic
Markus

In lugnet.adventurers, Bradley Dale writes:
Velociraptor was discovered on the Andrews Central Asiatic Expedition in the
1920s, which is during the Adventurers time period. In fact, it is likely they
were on this expedition. A bigger raptor closer ot the one in Jurassic Park,
Deinonychus, was discovered in 1964 in Montana, and the even bigger Utahraptor
was found in Utah about eight or nine years ago.  I don't think it is out of
place.  What is wrong with being too Jurassic Park (besides possible • lawsuits)?

In lugnet.adventurers, Steve Bliss writes:
In lugnet.adventurers, Bradley Dale wrote:

Why can't you get one with Lost World sets?  It would be really cool.

Because velociraptors hadn't been discovered in the time when the
Adventurers' adventures took place.  So the velociraptors would be out of
place.

Besides, it would make the Dino-Adventurers seem just a little *too* much
like Jurassic Park.

Steve