 Adventurers / 967
Re: Velociraptor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Thu, 6 Jul 2000 15:53:53 GMT

In lugnet.adventurers, Dave Schuler writes:

Well, yeah, but since the theme is "living" dinosaurs, aren't we already
engaging in a little fiction?  Besides which, prevailing wisdom at the time of
the Adventurers' adventures had the T-Rex as a completely upright, tail-
dragging, cold-blooded monster, rather than as the more recent conception
depicted in the dino sets.

    Dave!

Especially when the fiction is one of a lost island rather than time travel.
If something can survive hidden an extra 65 million years then why not an
extra 165 million years?  This setup gives TLC the freedom to pick and choose
prehistoric beasts from any era they like (and think will be the most
marketable.)

Hopefully these will be popular enough to generate a 2001 line and a new
selection of dinos.

John