 Adventurers / 964
Re: Velociraptor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Wed, 5 Jul 2000 23:33:20 GMT

In lugnet.adventurers, Steve Bliss writes:
In lugnet.adventurers, Bradley Dale wrote:

Why can't you get one with Lost World sets?  It would be really cool.

Because velociraptors hadn't been discovered in the time when the
Adventurers' adventures took place.  So the velociraptors would be out of
place.

  Well, yeah, but since the theme is "living" dinosaurs, aren't we already
engaging in a little fiction?  Besides which, prevailing wisdom at the time of
the Adventurers' adventures had the T-Rex as a completely upright, tail-
dragging, cold-blooded monster, rather than as the more recent conception
depicted in the dino sets.

     Dave!