 Adventurers / 618
Re: 2000 scans
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 23:12:00 GMT

In lugnet.adventurers, Mark Lindsey writes:
In lugnet.adventurers, Richard Franks writes:

I have to question the wisdom of this in light of current events.

Question all you want.  I have the right as an American citizen to tell any
other American citizens and anyone else who wants to listen around the world
via the mircle of the internet anything I want.

God Bless America. Actually, I don't really see what your nationality has to do
with it!

I told everyone that cared I
had images they might be interested in.  If they wanted them they could email
my personal email account and request them.  No URLs were posted.  No website
containing them was touted.

A URL is a means to access information, emailling you gains the same
information - I don't see that there is much difference. Certainly, many people
would consider emailling them to 200 people as publicly distributing them.

And most importantly, no messages from either TLC
(which is looking on) or Todd Lehman (who has had plenty to say about
everything and has closely monitored it all).

I wouldn't assume silence is acceptance. I'd interpret it as a weary silence
trying not to cause greater ripples in the community.

I think you are quite lucky - LUGNET is specifically not a leak club, and by
using LUGNET to advertise your leak you are on *very* thin ice - by my
understanding of the rules.

If you still question this I think it is due to your own personal thoughts
and beliefs, to which you are abundantly entitled.

Wow, do you mean that I don't have to become an American citizen to be entitled
to my own thoughts and beliefs? ;)

My one line comment was that I didn't see much evidence of wisdom behind your
original post - I still don't!

P.S.  Do you want the scans?

What makes you so sure that I'm not sitting on a stack of retailer catalogs
going back to 1983? The scans that you are offering are small fry my friend. I
object to the antagonistic nature of your post - if this was a cause worth
rebelling against then I'd be there all the way.

Play well and wait for your 2000 LEGO sets like a good LEGO fan! :)

Cheers,
Richard