 Adventurers / 556
Re: Any ideas on how to do this with Technic?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 1999 16:20:34 GMT

"Paul Davidson" <tinman@direct.ca> writes:

[...]  Fredrik's pulley-elastic band idea is also interesting.

It wasn't me, 'twas Steve Bliss.

This pendulum idea is really what I was looking for, though!  A true
mechanical speed-regulator, very nifty indeed.

This sounds like a very interesting project indeed!  You should report
back if you succeed with this.

You need to connect the weight of the base to the pendulum.  How are you
going to do that?  You can have gear racks each side of the platform,
connect them to gears on the base and let the gears drive the pendulum.
That shouldn't impose too much friction, I'd say.

Or you can hang the platform using chain links.  This should be better
friction-wise, but that may be a bit involved to build.

Fredrik