 Administrative / Terms of Use / 527
Re: Review Committee chartered for the LUGNET Policies and Procedures document
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Mon, 11 Apr 2005 12:17:58 GMT

In lugnet.admin.terms, Richie Dulin wrote:
   However, I point out that in previous years we haven’t been blessed with so many Admins, that the past is not always a good indicator of the future, and that the admins/owners/management of other sites have been known to play AFD jokes on their members/readers. (For example BZPower).

Indeed. Classic-Castle played an excellent one this year. Re-did the whole site in a Classic Space motif. Great fun.

But I’m not sure any of these sites had posted an April Fools joke by trying to hide it in policy changes/stuff. I know neither CC or CSF would do that, as we want the rules to be absolutely clear for everyone.

   Given the above, I’m not clear where the confusion lies, perhaps you can enlighten me so that we can be clearer going forward.

Well, I guess there is one key thing to avoid confusion and be clearer going forward, and that is to avoid making such posts on April 1.

Our hope was to get going and stay going. We just posted when we were ready, rather than waiting another day.

-Lenny