 Administrative / Terms of Use / 528
Re: Question about a call for a contest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Tue, 5 Jul 2005 18:04:06 GMT

In lugnet.admin.terms, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.admin.terms, Dave Schuler wrote:

I've previously announced clone-based Blacktron homages in .space with an FUT to
ot.clones, and this seems to be have accepted by the masses.  Would the same
apply in this case, or does an announcement carry a special significance that
would be ill-served by a mention of clones?  If it's deemed to be suitable only
for ot.clones, that's fine of course.

Good questions, Dave!

I've raised this with the Admin team... We'll mull this over and get back to you
with an answer with our usual alacrity(1)... this contest doesn't start for a
month or two I hope?(1)

Hi all:
   I know that some of the names have changed in the interim, but I wondered if
I might re-raise this question.  Specifically, the question is as follows:

If I call for a contest adhering to an official theme (say, Blacktron) but
incorporating clone elements, is it acceptable to announce such a contest in the
relevant LUGNET group (say, lugnet.space) with follow-ups steered toward the
off-topic.clone-brands forum?

Thanks for any input.

Dave!