 Administrative / Terms of Use / 526
Re: Review Committee chartered for the LUGNET Policies and Procedures document
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Mon, 11 Apr 2005 02:32:01 GMT

In lugnet.admin.terms, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
   In lugnet.admin.terms, Richie Dulin wrote: • -snip-
   I’ve been waiting for a couple of days for someone to jump out from behind a tree and yell “Gotcha!”...

...but that hasn’t happened, so I guess it isn’t an April Fools joke after all.

A Policies and Procedures document has been drafted by the LUGNET (note the capitalization) Admin Team, as we said we would in the post I referenced. It has been given to the Review Committee that we chartered.

I’m not sure why you think that would be an April Fool’s joke, exactly.

Well, I do now feel a bit of a goose for thinking it was. I thought there were many clues in the post, but it turned out I was entirely wrong.

   We said we were going to create such a document, and we did. The post was made using a LUGNET posting ID. Has there ever been a case of a post made with a LUGNET posting ID actually turning out to be an April Fool’s joke? I ask because I don’t think so but perhaps you know of one.

No, there hasn’t been such a case to my knowledge.

However, I point out that in previous years we haven’t been blessed with so many Admins, that the past is not always a good indicator of the future, and that the admins/owners/management of other sites have been known to play AFD jokes on their members/readers. (For example BZPower).

   Given the above, I’m not clear where the confusion lies, perhaps you can enlighten me so that we can be clearer going forward.

Well, I guess there is one key thing to avoid confusion and be clearer going forward, and that is to avoid making such posts on April 1.

Cheers

Richie Dulin