 Administrative / Terms of Use / 493
    Re: LUGNET Posting Policy Update —Leonard Hoffman
   (...) I think part of the reason why is that an appeal process would probably take longer than a suspension in the first place. Most suspensions would be in the range of 24 hrs to 72 hrs (1 day - 3 days) - and an appeal process (which would require (...) (19 years ago, 29-Dec-04, to lugnet.admin.terms, FTX)

        Re: LUGNET Posting Policy Update —Dave Schuler
   (...) Yeah, now that I think about it, I guess that makes sense. But does a Timeout go on one's "permanent record?" If not, then a 72-hour appeal process wouldn't be of much use against a 24-hour Timeout. But if a Timeout does remain as a blot on my (...) (19 years ago, 29-Dec-04, to lugnet.admin.terms, FTX)

        Re: LUGNET Posting Policy Update —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) I don't think we have one of those. If we do, I don't know where it is. If I were pressed to name everyone that ever got a timeout, it would be from memory and incomplete. I don't know that we need one, though. (...) I don't think you have one (...) (19 years ago, 29-Dec-04, to lugnet.admin.terms, FTX)

        Re: LUGNET Posting Policy Update —Leonard Hoffman
   What follows below is MY OPINION and should not be confused with Official LUGNET Policy. (...) I'd say (unofficially) that anything and everything you say and do on Lugnet goes on your permanent record. Dealings between you and the Administration (...) (19 years ago, 29-Dec-04, to lugnet.admin.terms, FTX)