 Administrative / Terms of Use / 432
Re: Advertising on lugnet
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 17:37:22 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

In lugnet.admin.terms, John Barnes writes:
I note that the same lugnet user is again advertising in lugnet.robotics;

http://news.lugnet.com/robotics/?n=19376

Since no action has obviously been taken since this person last advertised
in this news group a few weeks ago, am I to take it that this group is now
available for advertising? I have a whole boatload of products I could
announce :)

It's not my place to say for sure, but I don't think so.

I know Suz is very busy right now  (weddings and their aftermath tend to do
that) and may just not have had a chance to fire off a note. As I said in my
last reply, I think perhaps someone else could speak up, gently, and see if
the problem could be resolved. I'd do it but I have no standing in the
robotics group.

It WOULD be good if the charter (of a gatewayed group) was clarified on what
is and isn't OK with gatewayed groups.

I hope that helps. Not sure it does though.

It might also help to initiate discussion within the group. .robotics is
effectively an external group, and to some extent should set it's own
charter (of course if it sets a direction which is incompatible with
Lugnet then it might be time to separate the two). I wonder how many
subscribers really realize they are part of Lugnet?

Frank