 Administrative / Terms of Use / 320
Re: Identity Theft
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Sat, 16 Jun 2001 03:11:56 GMT

In lugnet.admin.terms, Kyle D. Jackson writes:
In lugnet.admin.terms, Matthew Gerber writes:

How can someone steal your identity?
[snipped lots more]

I think the problem here is that no fraud or theft has been committed
(note IANAL!).
We'll have to figure out our own way to deal with this stuff..., I
doubt the law will help us.

Kyle,

You might want to check on your newsreader program...it seems to be holding
messages you meant to post when the thread was fresh! ;?P

Seriously though, Todd is working on stuff...that's as good as it can get,
except for fighting the good fight and ignoring troublesome postings until
they are cancelled. The postings I made were for informational purposes, and
were actually relevant. You need to get out of personal damages mode and
focus on the breaking of Federal statutes.

Matt (who wonders why anyone would want to proclaim that they are anal 8?) )