 Administrative / Suggestions / 834
Re: Message awaiting authentication
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Fri, 6 Feb 2004 19:42:35 GMT

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message
news:HsBFux.11C@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Neb Okla wrote:

Heck, as a web developer myself, if he can provide me info as to the • type of
environment this is all running in, and his concerns and limitations, I • can
even research it for him and possibly provide him with a solution.

To date, Todd hasn't sought a lot of development assistance, as far as I • can
tell. Some would argue that might be a good thing in some cases. Sometimes • a
cathedral is actually the right thing to build.

I don't see why anyone would object to another person researching and
suggesting a solution within the scope of the existing framework.

Cathedrals are nice and all, but when the Pope is too busy to do everything,
it kind of stifles progress.

The point is that the current system solves the unauthenticated user problem
"the hard way".  It'd be one thing if it only effected the developer, but it
affects me every time I want to post something, so I'd really like to see
the authentication method revisited and revised so it's not such a pain to
post.