 Administrative / Suggestions / 79
Re: Membership Math
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.finance, lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 16:54:10 GMT

In lugnet.admin.finance, Scott Arthur writes:
David,
I can understand most of this, but why should it matter if a person chooses
to be a member or not?

I assume you meant to ask me why it should matter for me to know:

"Is this person a newbie?"
"Is s/he a member?"
"Has this person been around long enough to remember X?"
"Has this person been around longer than I have?"

As for why it should matter? It shouldn't. But I find it easier to know who
I'm talking to. It may help me to decide whether or not I should reply, how
I should reply, or even just help me understand a post better. As is, I'll
occasionally do a quick search on recent posts by a particular poster before
replying to a post of theirs just so I can get a feel for who I'm talking
to. Should I need to? No. But I still like to know.

DaveE

FUT suggestions