 Administrative / Suggestions / 67
66  |  68
Subject:
Filtering threads in web interface
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Sun, 7 Apr 2002 02:11:29 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Shiri Dori writes:
Hi Todd, Suz and everyone else,

I have a suggestion for the web interface. I've noticed lately that some
people are annoyed by threads that (In their opinion) don't fit in the group.
I've also noticed that when I come to a large, active group (say .general
or .castle) after even a day that I haven't read it, and I can't seem to pick
up reading where I left it.

My suggestion, in a nutshell, is this:
Enable a "hide this thread" button, that will cause all the posts in the
thread and any future replies of it to "disappear". The "hiding" threads'
names will be written on the side somewhere (to the right of the posts in the
group, for example). If you want to see it again, all you have to do is click
on it (it's a link (?)) and the group page refreshes itself with the thread
reappearing.

Another suggestion

ROSCO