 Administrative / General / 4241
Re: Web Interface suggestion regarding threads
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 03:56:08 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Jeff Stembel writes:

Yeah, but its a major pain when the threads jump groups.  I used to read using
Netscape Messenger, but it was too annoying, so I switched to the web
interface.  The only problem I have now is figuring out where I was when I
read on different computers.  :)

Yeah - I have a 15 year timeout on links, basically just so that I know what
I've read! It's annoying when I switch between Linux and Win95 though, if my
win partition wasn't drive-spaced then I'd try linking my linux history file,
cookie file etc to the win95 one - has anyone done this successfully?

I was thinking that (maybe) one membership perk would be that the web-interface
remembered what you'd read.. nice when you skip computers a lot (me). Oh yes,
also could the collapsable thread be another membership perk?

I know Todd's made a great job of making everything free, but I wouldn't hold
it against him if he did decide to make these little incentives for people who
use the system a lot(1). Especially as the sort of things discussed would
really only benefit those who did use it a lot!

Richard

1 - Not just because I am a member either! :)