 Administrative / General / 4236
4235  |  4237
Subject:
Web Interface suggestion regarding threads
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 00:08:36 GMT

Hi Todd, Suz and everyone else,

I have a suggestion for the web interface. I've noticed lately that some
people are annoyed by threads that (In their opinion) don't fit in the group.
I've also noticed that when I come to a large, active group (say .general
or .castle) after even a day that I haven't read it, and I can't seem to pick
up reading where I left it.

My suggestion, in a nutshell, is this:
Enable a "hide this thread" button, that will cause all the posts in the
thread and any future replies of it to "disappear". The "hiding" threads'
names will be written on the side somewhere (to the right of the posts in the
group, for example). If you want to see it again, all you have to do is click
on it (it's a link (?)) and the group page refreshes itself with the thread
reappearing.

I don't know how easy/possible/hard/impossible that is, but I think it would
be nice...
Just my 2c...

-Shiri