 Administrative / Suggestions / 650
649  |  651
Subject:
quoted-printable support
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Fri, 16 May 2003 01:26:17 GMT

LUGNET does not correctly decode quoted-printable messages on the web
interface.  For example, look at:
        http://news.lugnet.com/technic/?n=10199

Note the brickshelf URL with the =3D in it.  My newsreader displays it
correctly, along with the other funny characters shown at the bottom,
because it is able to decode this in the header:

LUGNET should detect this and convert the =NN codes to the appropriate
characters (NN is the hexadecimal value for the encoded characters).

For more about this kind of encoding, see RFC 2045:
        http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2045.html

--Bill.

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by
little statesmen and philosophers and divines."        - Emerson