 Administrative / Suggestions / 339
Re: Legends Newsgroup
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Sat, 8 Jun 2002 09:59:43 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Ian Constable writes:
In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Jude Beaudin writes:
What about using a search for the word 'legend'?
A lugnet.legends group would be more convenient.  What about having the
messages in chronological order?

When you get the results, you have 3 options for sorting: Prefer Newer,
Prefer Older and Best Match.

Can the search do that?  Why do we have lugnet.castle if we can just
search "castle" in the search?

Because Castle is a theme. And that is how Todd and Suz wanted to organize
things. "Legends" is a group of sets, from a variety of themes, that LEGO
Direct is re-releasing to fans, it is not a theme in and of itself. Plus,
even if it were a theme, not all themes get their own newsgroup.

For the same reasons I would want to have a legends newsgroup.  If you just
search "legends", you will find a lot of non-legends related postings that
make only passing references to legends (i.e. listings of the recent
accomplishments of LEGO Direct).  I know the findings are listed in order of
relevance, but is that really as effective as a newsgroup?

The thing ultimately is, you have to convince the admins that there is a
need for a newsgroup to be created. Personally, I do not care much for
Pirate Legends, I think it was a great theme but unless it is 75% off, I
don't want to here of it. The Legends that are of interest to me have yet to
be released (Space :-) And I have no problem with looking in the Space
newsgroup to read about them.

Ian

Jude