 Administrative / Suggestions / 26
  Charter Change for market.buy-sell-trade and market.brickshops

Charter Change for market.buy-sell-trade and market.brickshops: There is a sense among some that the market.brickshops charter is unclear. There are two competing suggestions in this area. Both parties agree that the charter for brickshops as (...) (22 years ago, 5-Apr-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: Charter Change for market.buy-sell-trade and market.brickshops

(...) Yes, let's get this cleared up once and for all. Another point to go along with what I mentioned here (Thanks for looking up that post, Lar.): (URL) that the shops (BrickLink, Baylit and the rest) are all listed with links on the (...) (22 years ago, 5-Apr-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: Charter Change for market.buy-sell-trade and market.brickshops

(...) Can we get a ruling on this please? We just had an off topic post about a BrickLink sale, (URL) someone trying to be helpful (props to them!)suggested that posts of that sort ought to be restricted just to market.brickshops. (URL) are a number (...) (22 years ago, 14-Apr-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: Charter Change for market.buy-sell-trade and market.brickshops

(...) Okay, I'm reading up on this now. I still have to discuss it with Todd, who'll make any changes to charters, so give me a couple days. Meanwhile, I'll also mention (just in case this makes anyone reconsider their stance) that, waaaay long (...) (22 years ago, 14-Apr-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.finance)

  Marketplace / BrickShops was:[Charter Change for market.buy-sell-trade]

(...) Okay, I made a quick mock-up. This isn't a fully developed concept... I just want to give you some idea of what I meant in previous post. (URL) some number of shops would have ads surrounding their own posting area. How visitors found a (...) (22 years ago, 23-Apr-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.finance)

  Re: Marketplace / BrickShops was:[Charter Change for market.buy-sell-trade]

LUGNET Admin wrote in message ... (...) nifty (...) lugnet.admin.finance (...) just (...) I like this idea, it looks interesting! How would you decide what "a shop" is? Individual Bricklink stores vs Bricklink itself, for instance... or like I have (...) (22 years ago, 24-Apr-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.finance)

  Re: Marketplace / BrickShops was:[Charter Change for market.buy-sell-trade]

(...) So are you saying that you would like to have two seperate accounts? One for your custom model kits and the other for your parts shop on Bricklink? I do not see that as a problem, if you are willing to pay for both accounts in essence doubling (...) (22 years ago, 24-Apr-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.finance)

Jude Beaudin wrote in message ... (...) website (...) for (...) Yes, I'd like them to be treated as 2 separate stores, but I'm more interested in getting the issue thought about and decided beforehand, rather than having it come up once this has (...) (22 years ago, 24-Apr-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.finance)

  Re: Marketplace / BrickShops was:[Charter Change for market.buy-sell-trade]

(...) In a typical 'marketplace' advertising situation, adspace can be taken out by just about anyone, but bigger operations are encouraged to take out more prestegious and higher quality advertising space (more expensive) throughout editorial the (...) (22 years ago, 24-Apr-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.finance)

  Re: Marketplace / BrickShops was:[Charter Change for market.buy-sell-trade]

(...) I think 6 months is a bit extreme, especially to start with. I would suggest 1 month as a minimum, but you can buy longer time periods for a slightly better price. Perhaps a listing fee plus a monthly fee, so that a multi-month ad ends up (...) (22 years ago, 24-Apr-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.finance)

  Re: Marketplace / BrickShops was:[Charter Change for market.buy-sell-trade]

(...) gray spaces in boxes would be other ads. their content is omitted for brevity. same with the store names as authors after message healines. Only two stores have been indicated. Those time stamps are intentional however, to show that the two (...) (22 years ago, 25-Apr-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.finance)

LUGNET Admin wrote in message ... (...) I think it would be up to the advertiser to be clear about what (s)he's selling in a specific store ad, in my case kits vs parts. As a visitor, I'd be peeved if what I reach by clicking on the ad doesn't match (...) (22 years ago, 25-Apr-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.finance)

  Re: Marketplace / BrickShops was:[Charter Change for market.buy-sell-trade]

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Suzanne D. Rich writes: <snip> (...) Make sure you have a clause that you can refuse to provide the service for anyone for any reason. A kind of CYA statement, so if things were to get out of control you can get rid of (...) (22 years ago, 25-Apr-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.finance)

  Re: Marketplace / BrickShops was:[Charter Change for market.buy-sell-trade]

(...) This might get into policing issues, if some vendors try dominate the newsheaders area by flooding their group with announcements. But it should be easy to set up automated watchdogging. Have a proggy watch the vendor groups, and alert you (...) (22 years ago, 25-Apr-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.finance)