 Administrative / Suggestions / 1108
Re: Public comments of sets in database
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Sun, 23 Jan 2005 15:53:51 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Todd Lehman wrote:
Since this is uncharted (or virutally uncharted) territory here (since
this is in the set database comments rather than in a discussion group),
it's not clear what, if any, administrative action to take, nor what the
outcome of such action might be.  I'm not saying that nothing should be
done, I'm just saying this is a new gray area (to my knowledge).

It would seem to me that it's no different than a message post---the same
"guidelines" should apply.  I think whether it's a post, a database entry,
a member page, an FTX page, whatever, if the domain name says lugnet.com,
the same standard of common sense should apply.  And arguably, maybe even
moreso for the database, since it's the one LUGNET resource that probably
has far more visitors (of all ages) than the newsgroups.  To me, that database
is the true "public face" of LUGNET.

KDJ
LUGNETer #203