 Administrative / Suggestions / 1106
    Public comments of sets in database —David Gregory
   Is it possible for LUGNET administrators to cancel or edit vulgar comments that people write in the field that is publicly viewable in the set database? The reason I ask is this: (URL) guy's description of the price for that set in France just makes (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

        Re: Public comments of sets in database —Todd Lehman
     (...) Eww, ya, that's gross. To answer your question -- Is it technically possible? Yes. Is it obligatory? No. Is it warranted? That's a very good question -- and a tough one. Obviously, this doesn't actually answer your question, however. (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)

         Re: Public comments of sets in database —Kyle D. Jackson
      (...) It would seem to me that it's no different than a message post---the same "guidelines" should apply. I think whether it's a post, a database entry, a member page, an FTX page, whatever, if the domain name says lugnet.com, the same standard of (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

         Re: Public comments of sets in database —David Eaton
     (...) I would expect that the TOU should be changed from describing behavior in discussion groups to simply behavior on Lugnet. Theoretically, in addition to the set database, you've got: - curators putting data on the newsgroup front pages - (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

         Re: Public comments of sets in database —Larry Pieniazek
     Personal opinion follows (...) Seems a good list to me. (...) Nod. you COULD argue the ToS aleady addresses this in that it talks about all submitted data, but on the other hand a lot of stuff in there applies to "Discussion Groups" and that ought (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

        (canceled) —Jamie Obrien

        Re: Public comments of sets in database —Pete White
   (...) He could have said "small red elements are mixed in with my big brown elements". (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)