 Administrative / Suggestions / 1085
  Post preview screen behaving strangely?

Since I switched to Firefox 1.0 the other day I've noticed that when I preview a post, the preview text box is a lot narrower than the entry box, casuing the preview to be wrapped before the end of each line. And it only seems to happen when I'm (...) (20 years ago, 12-Nov-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: Post preview screen behaving strangely?

(...) Ross, I'm seeing the same thing with Mozilla 1.7.3 on Mac OS-X. I used to see this intermittently on Moz 1.4, but now it seems to happen all the time (at least I think its all the time, certainly on replies). Ok, Now previewing the reply I (...) (20 years ago, 13-Nov-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: Post preview screen behaving strangely?

(...) By any chance, does that preview area correspond to the length of the subject line? (20 years ago, 13-Nov-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: Post preview screen behaving strangely? blah blah blah blah

(...) Indeed ! When I added those junk blah's to the topic, all of a sudden its wider. Apparently lugnet is line wrapping the text at a certain place, but the preview box's width is being controlled by the subject width. Since you know the secret... (...) (20 years ago, 13-Nov-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: Post preview screen behaving strangely? blah blah blah blah

(...) No idea. I just remember having experienced that before (when I posted via http, which is rarely). I am using FireFox 0.8, and still seeing that behavior. (20 years ago, 13-Nov-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: Post preview screen behaving strangely?

(...) In Firefox 1.5 this doesn't happen. I've tried with Firefox 1.0 and was able to reproduce the mistake. Well, since the whole preview box is as wide as the subject line, I thought of a missing WIDTH-attribute in one of the TABLE- or TD-tags (...) (18 years ago, 12-Jul-06, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: Post preview screen behaving strangely?

(...) This has been a long-standing bug that has something to do with the phase of the moon, leap seconds, and whether the number of white house staff members that are currently speaking vowels is a prime or not. I've tried to hunt down this problem (...) (18 years ago, 12-Jul-06, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: Post preview screen behaving strangely?

(...) Wow! Thanks for looking into this Rene, but I think you made the right decision - it has worked fine since I upgraded to 1.5 some time ago, and I forgot to revisit this thread. Anyone still using 1.0 deserves to have some weird behaviour ;) (...) (18 years ago, 12-Jul-06, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: Post preview screen behaving strangely?

Hi Dave, (...) It sounds sense. To be honest, I forgot to make allowance for the phase of the moon, ever thought this would affect the (URL) Wolf Browser> only! (...) Ja, I know, that's why I think it's a combination of 3 things: Browser bug, Table (...) (18 years ago, 12-Jul-06, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)