 Administrative / Suggestions / 1089
Re: Post preview screen behaving strangely? blah blah blah blah
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Sat, 13 Nov 2004 22:49:52 GMT

On Sat, 13 Nov 2004, Ray Sanders wrote:

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Thomas Garrison wrote:
On Sat, 13 Nov 2004, Ray Sanders wrote:

Ok, Now previewing the reply I just typed. The Message Preview and the block of
boilerplate under that uses the full width of the window. But the gray-shaded
'preview' of what will be posted is only using about 2/3 of the window width
(which is causing superfluous line-wraps).

By any chance, does that preview area correspond to the length of the
subject line?

Indeed !  When I added those junk blah's to the topic, all of a sudden its
wider. Apparently lugnet is line wrapping the text at a certain place, but the
preview box's width is being controlled by the subject width. Since you know the
secret...  why is it doing that ?

No idea.  I just remember having experienced that before (when I posted
via http, which is rarely).  I am using FireFox 0.8, and still seeing that
behavior.

--
TWS Garrison
http://www.morfydd.net/twsg/