 Administrative / Suggestions / 1086
Re: Post preview screen behaving strangely?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Sat, 13 Nov 2004 20:09:37 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Ross Crawford wrote:
Since I switched to Firefox 1.0 the other day I've noticed that when I preview a
post, the preview text box is a lot narrower than the entry box, casuing the
preview to be wrapped before the end of each line. And it only seems to happen
when I'm replying to another post. Messages still post OK, but the preview
layout is totally different than what eventually gets posted.

I guess this is a browser issue, as IE still seems to display it correctly. So I
dunno how easy it is to look into.

ROSCO

Ross, I'm seeing the same thing with Mozilla 1.7.3 on Mac OS-X. I used to see
this intermittently on Moz 1.4, but now it seems to happen all the time (at
least I think its all the time, certainly on replies).

Ok, Now previewing the reply I just typed. The Message Preview and the block of
boilerplate under that uses the full width of the window. But the gray-shaded
'preview' of what will be posted is only using about 2/3 of the window width
(which is causing superfluous line-wraps).

Ray